Steak Preference Article

Help Support CattleToday:

Pretty good article. Personally, I finish mine 10 weeks on free choice cracked corn mixed with some salt and a good quality free choice hay. I really like it and so does everyone that has tried it. Again, just a a personal choice.

Ron

his comment that grass fed beef has less saturated fat is un-true, grain fed beef has less saturated fat than grass fed beef. I belive A&M over some Toronto journalist

AngusSenorita":1f33801i said:
his comment that grass fed beef has less saturated fat is un-true, grain fed beef has less saturated fat than grass fed beef. I belive A&M over some Toronto journalist
Do you have a link for the A&M study? I'd like to see what they had to say.

It is an interesting article. I prefer well marbled, corn fred beef. To me, the most interesting thing about these articles is that you seldom see one about chicken or pork. I think it's because they don't have the reputation for being inconsistent that beef has. But I hope everyone will enjoy whatever they're willing to pay for, as long as it's beef. :D

We hold ours till they're around 18 months, that way they actually taste more like beef then the heavily pushed overgrown babys that are slaughtered from the feedyards.
But I also like the tatse of an old buck or doe too, at least it tastes like venison

dun

Latest posts