Starting a new stable, what is a rule of thumb on expences

Help Support CattleToday:

HORSEHAIR

Reaction score
Hey You All,
I'm building a Horse facility and need some help putting together a running buget of expences to run one...Is there a rule of thumb
you go by when figuring how much you'll end up spending per head / year
over how much profit you will have per / head raised...Any help would be helpful... :) got to put together this business plan for the bank and this cowboys just a simple man who just wants to raise horses dont know to much about flow charts ,persspectives ,forcasts and such...would be in your debt for any help

what type of stable? your horses only or boarding? are you going to offer training? Are you going to be having foals? what are you going to do with these horses? Give me all the info you can and I'll see what I can do to help you out with yearly costs.

HORSEHAIR":397r9ulf said:
Hey You All,
I'm building a Horse facility and need some help putting together a running buget of expences to run one...Is there a rule of thumb
you go by when figuring how much you'll end up spending per head / year
over how much profit you will have per / head raised...Any help would be helpful... :) got to put together this business plan for the bank and this cowboys just a simple man who just wants to raise horses dont know to much about flow charts ,persspectives ,forcasts and such...would be in your debt for any help

No offense...ok? However, I would think one would have their operating budget and facility design completed before you spent a single $ on a facility. If the numbers crunch, they proceed to step 2. Preliminary research will identify all possible costs. If you are already a "horse person" you already have a good idea of operating costs for horses. :)

well folks ,
i am going to have a embryo transfer facility, a breeding facility, and a boarding facility....we are building a 400 stall breeding facility, a 100 stall boarding facility, and a reserch lab to do our embryo work in....and yes i do know how much feed it takes to feed my horses but the bank wants me to guess at what i need as far as my expences...i'm just a cowboy who knows the simple way ,not the mathmatical way alright....we will be a full service facility, and will have four mobile embryo techs in self contained lab trailers....just wanted simple questions not wise cracks from the peanut factory....for the one who wanted to know more about what i was doing, and was trying to set up ,it is a embryo facility, and a breeding and boarding horse farm...so any help would be appreciated, thanks WREN......IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE YOU NEEDED TO KNOW PLEASE ASK ME WREN...

Forgive me for saying, but horsehair, the type of facility is pretty important if you want accurate advice towards a business plan. Are you looking for a formula to cover expenses? Forgive me again if I am too simple (like you said you were yourself :) ) to give you much help as to your embryo transfer set up--that is way over my pretty little head.

(is this an apology board or a Q&A Board?)

HORSEHAIR":307xj8c7 said:
well folks ,
i am going to have a embryo transfer facility, a breeding facility, and a boarding facility....we are building a 400 stall breeding facility, a 100 stall boarding facility, and a reserch lab to do our embryo work in....and yes i do know how much feed it takes to feed my horses but the bank wants me to guess at what i need as far as my expences...i'm just a cowboy who knows the simple way ,not the mathmatical way alright....we will be a full service facility, and will have four mobile embryo techs in self contained lab trailers....just wanted simple questions not wise cracks from the peanut factory....for the one who wanted to know more about what i was doing, and was trying to set up ,it is a embryo facility, and a breeding and boarding horse farm...so any help would be appreciated, thanks WREN......IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE YOU NEEDED TO KNOW PLEASE ASK ME WREN...

Again, no offense intended!

This appears to me to be probably a 7 to 8-figure operation (a/k/a several million dollars), considering the prices of anything equine. With that size of potential investment, I'm sure you can afford a high-end CPA firm as well as an Attorney to advise you on legal issues to CYA. Don't think many (99.9%) of us on thise board??? are at that investment level which would be qualified to offer you high-end advice... lol. I'm darn sure not!

;-)

Running Arrow Bill":2pl61wgh said:
HORSEHAIR":2pl61wgh said:
well folks ,
Again, no offense intended!

This appears to me to be probably a 7 to 8-figure operation (a/k/a several million dollars), considering the prices of anything equine. With that size of potential investment, I'm sure you can afford a high-end CPA firm as well as an Attorney to advise you on legal issues to CYA. Don't think many (99.9%) of us on thise board??? are at that investment level which would be qualified to offer you high-end advice... lol. I'm darn sure not!

;-)
Running Bill I know you want to say it...youre just trying to be a gentleman so I'll say it for you....BS!! Or maybe HORSE CRAP is more like it. Anybody that plans on an operation like that dont come to a computer message board to get his numbers. LOL If this clowns bank really talks to him about a loan this size and wants him to "guess at what i need as far as my expences" I sure as heck hope none of my banks have any deposits laid off with his bank. Theres better horse investments to be made at the 100 dollar window at the track. Just my 2 cents

Thanks for your support, Tapeworm!

LOL... the Multi-Million Investor that gets his/her financial advice and strategy from a messageboard, ouija board, or from the horoscope.

Is there any (swamp)land left in Florida? Think you may have another potential customer...

On the flip side... perhaps he/her just trying to impress us "average" folks with his/her dreams?

;-)

Running Arrow Bill":1avws1a0 said:
Is there any (swamp)land left in Florida? Think you may have another potential customer...
;-)
I think all the swampland is taken, but I have some ocean front property in Az. to sell.

Latest posts