Star 5

Help Support CattleToday:

Diamond G

Reaction score
Anyone raising any (Star Five) I got a good Gert bull and I am considering trying to sale some Star Five Watcha Think

Thanks

My Bull is a Reg. Gert most of my cows are brangus cross

Thanks for the info I should see how they look come spring time

we breed our Santa Bulls to Hereford and Simmental and our commercial Santa Cows we breed to a Black angus or a Black star 5 bull

Thanks for the info, a little to late to pull him off the brangus but maybe they all turn out good

worst that will happen is a touch too much Brahma influence in the calves but that will only hurt if the buyers don't like a lot of ear

Don't know if you got the November issue of Santa Gertrudis USA, but Allen Grainger's putting together a Star 5 Sale on April 4, 2009 in Caldwell, TX according to Jane Wendt's president's letter.

This is true...at least some places in the southeast some of our purebred sales (specifically the Breeders of the Carolinas Sale and the Mountain Laurel Classic Sale in GA) have some Star 5 lots consigned, but that probably varies on an affiliate by affiliate or sale by sale base.

saintgert, I raise gerts to in North Carolina. What part of NC do you live in. I live about 30miles Southeast of Raleigh in Zebulon and my farm name is Creech Farms.

saintgert":2rv0qkws said:
This is true...at least some places in the southeast some of our purebred sales (specifically the Breeders of the Carolinas Sale and the Mountain Laurel Classic Sale in GA) have some Star 5 lots consigned, but that probably varies on an affiliate by affiliate or sale by sale base.

Was the Breeders of the Carolinas sale held in May?
What was the average price of the Star 5 lots?

The Carolina sale is going to be on April 19th 2008 in Anderson SC , I think. I can't remember the prices from 2007 for Star 5, but we bought 5 reg. females for good prices.

gertguy":o2gkkitp said:
saintgert, I raise gerts to in North Carolina. What part of NC do you live in. I live about 30miles Southeast of Raleigh in Zebulon and my farm name is Creech Farms.

--I noticed y'all took out an ad on the Carolinas page in the Nov. magazine.

We're in Mt. Ulla, kind of near Mooresville and Salisbury, with J.C. Sherrill, Jr. Ranch.

They just set the date for the 2008 Sale, and I don't remember what it was, but it should be in the 2008 calendar--I think it's headed to Anderson, SC again, and I heard the facility was good.

The Breeders of the Carolinas Sale was in April this year (2007), 25 Star 5 lots averaged $913. (Courtesy of Cattle Today archives). (Purebred average was $1506).

We raise primarily registered gerts, but bought 3 Star 5 cattle to use as recipients.

our son has 2 star 5 a bull and a heifer. He is trying to build his gert herd. Has 3 gert cows/heifers and a Patriot son he is trying to sell.

Latest posts