Stains

Help Support CattleToday:

there are alot of good products you can pick up at your local feed store the cleaner usaly is a blueish purple color and you leave it in for a certain period of time it tells you from product to product 3-10 mins

I'm not sure if you can get anything like this in America, or what it would be called . . .

I use a product called Blue-O, which is a laundry liquid for removing stains from white clothing. I mix it about half half with shampoo, and use that on white animals. You have to be careful though, if you leave it on them too long it will stain.

Works wonders if you can find it, and cheap too :D

My son uses a shampoo called Stain Buster from Valley Vet Supply. It is a darker purple color than the bluing shampoos at the feed store. I think it is made by Sullivans and works really well at getting out the red on white stains we get from our red Georgia clay.

i saw a ad on RFD-TV for this stuff called Cowboy Magic. in the commercial it shows him putting it on a white socked horse and you put it on and rub it in wait 30 sec. and wipe it off with a towel.

we use sullivans bright lights for the cattle. i dont really like the blueing shampoos because if you leave it on the to long they will have a blueish greenish color

Moocow11":skgf73t3 said:
we use sullivans bright lights for the cattle. i dont really like the blueing shampoos because if you leave it on the to long they will have a blueish greenish color

I have also had it turn the hair pink :lol: We use a product called Golden Nugget i believe. It comes out of Valley Vet. Seems to get the job done. Also, rinse every day and it will keep the stains out.

Moocow11":245tr7gm said:
i liked bright lights...it really worked. i didnt dare try any of those blueing shampoos cuz i was scared that i'd mess my calf up.

Colorado2008":qut8h95a said:
Moocow11":qut8h95a said:

I have also had it turn the hair pink :lol: We use a product called Golden Nugget i believe. It comes out of Valley Vet. Seems to get the job done. Also, rinse every day and it will keep the stains out.
the pink hair wouldnt be so bad :D i never could find the golden nugget on valleyvets website

Tried Oxy-Clean. Didn't work. Tried some sort of gentler bleach, didn't work. Someone had the idea of beer, it worked some.

cowgirl_telly_369":2utpkot9 said:
Tried Oxy-Clean. Didn't work. Tried some sort of gentler bleach, didn't work. Someone had the idea of beer, it worked some.

Will have to try the beer thing, it may also calm the calf down lol ;-)

vs_cattle":1yq70j82 said:
cowgirl_telly_369":1yq70j82 said:

Will have to try the beer thing, it may also calm the calf down lol ;-)

LOL. The puppy thought she needed some, then she was wound up.

Moocow, unfortunately I've been there, done that with the green calf!

Now I generally mix it with the shampoo, which seems to help, and I do one side of the animal at a time. I find if I rinse within five or so minutes I dont have a problem.

Actually, we found this amazing product in an old show box at a clearing sale a few weeks ago. I cant remember the actual name but it was a 'dry shampoo'. Its a purple-ish colour, and you use it if your animal lays in crap on show morning, or something like that. You spray it on the stain (no water needed), lather it up, then wipe off with a cloth and blow the hair forward. Its absolutely magic, gets any stains off white patches. And you dont have to do the blower bit either. Problem is, I dont know where to get anymore!

Keren":krrd06w3 said:

Now I generally mix it with the shampoo, which seems to help, and I do one side of the animal at a time. I find if I rinse within five or so minutes I dont have a problem.

Actually, we found this amazing product in an old show box at a clearing sale a few weeks ago. I cant remember the actual name but it was a 'dry shampoo'. Its a purple-ish colour, and you use it if your animal lays in crap on show morning, or something like that. You spray it on the stain (no water needed), lather it up, then wipe off with a cloth and blow the hair forward. Its absolutely magic, gets any stains off white patches. And you dont have to do the blower bit either. Problem is, I dont know where to get anymore!
that sounds awsome. i left it in for about 30 minutes because i wa showing some people some heifers so yeah she was a gree fur ball :shock:

Moocow11":qn300f06 said:
Keren":qn300f06 said:

that sounds awsome. i left it in for about 30 minutes because i wa showing some people some heifers so yeah she was a gree fur ball :shock:

:shock: 30 minutes! Groan . . .

Latest posts