St Peter and the Pearly Gates....

Help Support CattleToday:

chrisy

Reaction score
St. Peter is at the Pearly Gates checking up on the people waiting to enter Heaven. He asks the next one in line,
'So, who are you, and what did you do on Earth?'

The fellow says, 'I'm Barack Obama, and I was the first black to be elected President of the United States.'

St. Peter says, 'The United States'? A black President?
You gotta be kidding me! When did all this happen?'

Obama says, 'About twenty minutes ago.'

I'd sooner cut off my arm than vote for Obama but I wouldn't laugh at his death, and I find this joke very distasteful. You're better than that, chrisy.

VanC":2ohol1z8 said:
I'd sooner cut off my arm than vote for Obama but I wouldn't laugh at his death, and I find this joke very distasteful. You're better than that, chrisy.

sorry Van....as he is alive and I hope stays that way for a long time, I didn't see any harm, but I take your point, and I wouldn't laugh at anyones death either.

Do ya'll remember when Ronald Reagan was shot and he told the surgeon that he sure hoped he was a Republican? The surgeon replied, "Sir, today we are all Republicans." Turns out the surgeon was actually a diehard Democrat.

I love that our Country can still rally around certain things. And the death or harm to a fellow American - especially a President - is one of those things.

(Even if we don't agree with anything that he stands for. ;-) )

chrisy":3sgj8x4y said:
VanC":3sgj8x4y said:

sorry Van....as he is alive and I hope stays that way for a long time, I didn't see any harm, but I take your point, and I wouldn't laugh at anyones death either.

I know you wouldn't, hon. Just struck me the wrong way last night. We'll put this one behind us.

Latest posts