squeeze chute purchase

Help Support CattleToday:

dbrews1954

Reaction score
ok i am new to cattle and this board, bought my first farm in august and my first bred cows in oct, I have lowline angus, so not a real big animals, I need to purchase a squeeze chute and have found 2 that i am considering, have a dealer for both within an hour from me, the first one is a preifert so1 with auto catch gate, the second is the sioux, the sioux looks a lot better but it is twice the price, due i need something that good for the smaller angus, right now i only have 7 head with 5 of them bred, i cant see me keeping over 20 head, any input would be appreciated as i would like to purchase in the next month, oh also forgot to mention that i think i will also use it for Ai
thank you
dave

I have used alot of different chutes and they all generally have advantages and disadvantages to each chute. The last chute that we bought was a For-Most. It is the best one that I have ever used. It beats Priefert and Pearson the others hands down. I will not buy any thing else. For-Most has a palpation cage that you can get along with all parts can be replaced easily.

I agree about the for-most, but a priefert is hard to beat for the money and there is nothing wrong with them. And i think for what you are doing spending more is not necessary.

Thanks everyone for your replies, i think because i have so few head and dont see me getting more than 20-25 total at anyone time,i am leaning toward the priefert, s191 or the so4, i do really like the sioux but almost double the price the money saved can go for other things,
thanks
dave

Latest posts