Spring Grass

Help Support CattleToday:

Bright Raven

Reaction score
The last 7 days have made a significant difference in the pasture. Spring Grass was so far behind this year that I sacrificed my hayfield and opened it for pasture.

Now, my pastures are lush and full of grasses and clovers. Clovers are better than I have seen in a couple years. I currently am down to 23 head on 80 acres. There are going to be some mighty fat cows in a couple of weeks.

Bright Raven":3eet8by0 said:
The last 7 days have made a significant difference in the pasture. Spring Grass was so far behind this year that I sacrificed my hayfield and opened it for pasture.

Now, my pastures are lush and full of grasses and clovers. Clovers are better than I have seen in a couple years. I currently am down to 23 head on 80 acres. There are going to be some mighty fat cows in a couple of weeks.

May I ship you a dozen or so? Not joking.

TennesseeTuxedo":2tosindr said:
Bright Raven":2tosindr said:

May I ship you a dozen or so? Not joking.

Candidly, I cannot. Two weeks from now, it may be dry.

Weaning this coming week , overdo , so that should help with the pasture . Hayfield is coming on, different locations , and looking at cutting soon . We are going to cull a couple at least , cows ,of our 15 mommas , because as mentioned it may be dry in 2 weeks , and we are a bit overstocked. Wouldn't be if we had some crossfencing, which we are going to work on this year .