Splint-er

Help Support CattleToday:

knowknews

Reaction score
Well, the vet said she was healthy and sound everywhere else but the tendons. He thinks she is worth trying to save. Said he wished he would have seen her when she was younger. Said to splint her, because just taping her didn't work; and we should see a difference in about 4 days then she should be ok in 2 weeks, if not, then put her down.

With regards to her back, he said it would grow to have that bend in it if we don't get her legs straight so you may be able to see in the pic that it looks much better too.

The vet showed me how to wrap them by doing the right leg, Tim got some of that foam insulation for pipes and pvc which he rounded the corners so they don't dig into her flesh. They are wrapped with cotton t-shirts first then the foam then the pvc and duct tape. He's so smart.

Robo-cow!!

cow030.jpg
cow030.jpg
cow031.jpg
[/img]

Looks good KK, one thing worrying me though. The legs have to breathe under all that. That is why i used to only brace my calf 2/3 times a day.You will have to monitor what is going on under there.Good luck.

Yea that's why he got the foam, he was trying to think of something that would breathe, I will watch but I thought that was a great idea.
alisonb":l6u1yl93 said:
Looks good KK, one thing worrying me though. The legs have to breathe under all that. That is why i used to only brace my calf 2/3 times a day.You will have to monitor what is going on under there.Good luck.

Like what was said, keep a close eye on them..

Great job, I really think that this is going to work.. :clap:

Keep us updated.. :D

Latest posts