Spending Money needlessly.

Help Support CattleToday:

spoon":3sdqgz3u said:
Lammie":3sdqgz3u said:
I also have a thing about living room furniture. I don't see how people can have the same sofa for twenty years. I love to get new livingroom furniture every five years or so. Keeps things fresh. Nothing wrong with the old stuff, I just get tired of looking at it. Bedspreads, too. Love that bed in a bag thing!

The couch in my mothers den is the one she and my dad bought when they got married almost 60 years ago. She mentioned just the other day how much she liked it. The one in the living room where no one ever sits is only about 40 years old.
For me it's 1966-1977 Ford Broncos. I have *several* of them. Always looking for more though! Anyone? :D

Wife and I have never bought living room furniture. When we got married my parents gave us a couple couches from their rental house, smelled like smoke something terrible but they had this cool print with barns and pheasants and... After the legs kept falling off of those and I hit the floor backwards a few times some friends of ours got new living room furniture and gave us their old sectional, whew...

hillsdown":yjk0gut7 said:
I also go through phases sometimes so it's tool for the shop etc. and the other times it stuff for me like shoes/boots (hi heals) or gadgets for the kitchen..

Have you ever gotten an itch just to go out and buy anything ,and then a couple days later have buyers remorse. I still have that for somethings that I bought a couple of years ago that are still in my closet with the tags on or are still in their boxes somewhere around here :roll: .

Another main reason I do not go to cattle auctions is I could easily get carried away.. :cowboy:
I completely agree with the shoe/boot thing. I just paid $26 for a pair I didn't need, but they were on sale from 90$!

Only thing I ever got the itch to buy and regreted was I paid $400 for a cat and it was rude and stand offish.

I will buy more than I intended at a calf auction, but more often walk away with nothing and disappointed. If I buy more than I intended, it was a good decision.

Lammie":6p0pdfjz said:
I also have a thing about living room furniture. I don't see how people can have the same sofa for twenty years. I love to get new livingroom furniture every five years or so. Keeps things fresh. Nothing wrong with the old stuff, I just get tired of looking at it. Bedspreads, too. Love that bed in a bag thing!

My wife was talking about getting 2 new couches last week. She wants to move the ones in the living room into the den. The ones in the living room are 10 years old and I bet cheek meter is under 800 hours between the two. The ones in the den / play room are 15 years old and have been used and abused by the kids as they grew up.

So were going shopping this weekend. I did find out that she wants the new couches because the kids will pull the block of wood out that holds up the couch and she will end up on the floor. I told her it will be a matter of time before they find a new trick to play on her.

I am a fairly frugal person and definitely live within my means, but having said that, there has to be more in life than the bare necessities? Why work hard and save if there are no "rewards"?
My weakness is tools. I think I have enough tools to start a Home Depot! Just can't pass up a good deal on hammers, screw drivers, pliars! I especially like quality tools like my high end Miller welder or my good Harris cutting torch.
And ladies heres a little gem of wisdom: When buying a man a gift don't buy him clothes, or pricey aftershave, or sentimental crap! Buy him tools, a knife, fishing/hunting stuff, just about any electronic gadget. He might seem to be happy with the lavender scented candle you bought for him...but he is just being polite...he really would rather have that set of Allen wrenches down at Lowes!

For me, it's Camels and cattle. I was looking back at my purchases for last year, and WOW. I spent more than I should have. Well, I guess that is what happens when you know what you want, and know that if all goes well, those cattle should make your money back...EVENTUALLY.

angie":2wdet8ja said:
Only thing I ever got the itch to buy and regreted was I paid $400 for a cat and it was rude and stand offish.

Anybody that BUYS a cat isn't all there!!!!!!!!

I think the cold has not only frozen her brain but now I am beginning to wonder if she needs to be institutionalized :banana: :banana: :banana:

Angus Cowman":3jh2f27v said:
angie":3jh2f27v said:

Anybody that BUYS a cat isn't all there!!!!!!!!

I think the cold has not only frozen her brain but now I am beginning to wonder if she needs to be institutionalized :banana: :banana: :banana:

Or euthanized!

Angus Cowman":12t5fxup said:
HD she doesn't even know or care what Jimmy Choos are if it isn't Justin or Ariat she won't buy it and I don't beleive those Jimmy Choos would hold up to cow$hit
If she is living with you AC, I'm thinking she better worry a little less about holding up to the cow$hit, and a little more about holding up to the bull it-shay. :tiphat:

dun":2hbp09yi said:
Or euthanized!
Well, if that happens will you do the honors with something bigger than a 22 lr? For Pete's Sake, might as well use a sling shot. :roll:

angie":1ayk8xdr said:
dun":1ayk8xdr said:
Or euthanized!
Well, if that happens will you do the honors with something bigger than a 22 lr? For Pete's Sake, might as well use a sling shot. :roll:

In your hands that's probably right!

angie":22bmb1qw said:
Angus Cowman":22bmb1qw said:
HD she doesn't even know or care what Jimmy Choos are if it isn't Justin or Ariat she won't buy it and I don't beleive those Jimmy Choos would hold up to cow$hit
If she is living with you AC, I'm thinking she better worry a little less about holding up to the cow$hit, and a little more about holding up to the . :tiphat:
bull it-shay

Dun get the gun here she goes talking in tongues again

Angus Cowman":s839canp said:
angie":s839canp said:
Angus Cowman":s839canp said:
If she is living with you AC, I'm thinking she better worry a little less about holding up to the cow$hit, and a little more about holding up to the . :tiphat:
bull it-shay

Dun get the gun here she goes talking in tongues again

Naw, just let her try to shoot herself with the slingshot. She'll probably end up hanging herself from it

angie":1traxnn8 said:
hillsdown":1traxnn8 said:
I also go through phases sometimes so it's tool for the shop etc. and the other times it stuff for me like shoes/boots (hi heals) or gadgets for the kitchen..

Have you ever gotten an itch just to go out and buy anything ,and then a couple days later have buyers remorse. I still have that for somethings that I bought a couple of years ago that are still in my closet with the tags on or are still in their boxes somewhere around here :roll: .

Another main reason I do not go to cattle auctions is I could easily get carried away.. :cowboy:
I completely agree with the shoe/boot thing. I just paid $26 for a pair I didn't need, but they were on sale from 90$!

I will buy more than I intended at a calf auction, but more often walk away with nothing and disappointed. If I buy more than I intended, it was a good decision.

Angie...hopefully by now you have learned that ALL cats are rude and have a stand offish attitude. Why do you think they always have that "kiss my a$$" look on their face. :lol:

Latest posts