Southeastern US Pipe Supplier

Help Support CattleToday:

Hardin Farms

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm located in north MS and I have been building some corrals lately and making decent money. However, I have yet to find a good supplier of pipe. I am buying structural pipe in 20' lengths and it would save me a ton of money if I could buy in 24' lengths. I have looked at suppliers in the midwest and texas, but shipping somewhat kills the deal.

I am specifically looking for something in the neighborhood of 2" shcedule 10 pipe.

Anybody out there got any ideas? Will be buying in bulk.

Atlas Tube in birmingham. If you are ordering from the mills by the truckload they should match the freight from their closest competitor. They also will cut them to any length you want if you can wait until the next rolling. Call some of the mills that make the product you want and see what lengths they might have in stock. You might be surprised on some odd lengths that may that will work for you.

They are all very busy right now and the prices are horribly high so they might not be as helpful as when thing are slow.

How are you dealing with the pipe? Is it being cut for posts or rails or both? Have you considered using SHS (square hollow section) for posts. Over here SHS usually comes in 8 or 8.5m (26-28') lengths which gives a few more options for lengths to cut. All our pipe is 6m (20')
Most of our yard builders use the square tube for posts and cattle rail for the rails (also comes in 6m lengths). Here is a link to a photo gallery showing one contractors work and materials that are commonly used over here

Ken

Atlas Tube in birmingham. If you are ordering from the mills by the truckload they should match the freight from their closest competitor. They also will cut them to any length you want if you can wait until the next rolling. Call some of the mills that make the product you want and see what lengths they might have in stock. You might be surprised on some odd lengths that may that will work for you.

They are all very busy right now and the prices are horribly high so they might not be as helpful as when thing are slow.
I'll defininetly reach out to Atlas and see what they may have! Thanks for the info!

How are you dealing with the pipe? Is it being cut for posts or rails or both? Have you considered using SHS (square hollow section) for posts. Over here SHS usually comes in 8 or 8.5m (26-28') lengths which gives a few more options for lengths to cut. All our pipe is 6m (20')
Most of our yard builders use the square tube for posts and cattle rail for the rails (also comes in 6m lengths). Here is a link to a photo gallery showing one contractors work and materials that are commonly used over here

Ken
I love the looks of that. I don't think i have ever seen material like that around here.

I do uses square material for post (uprights in portable unit) but i have always used round sections for the rails. I will see what i can get in rails like that. Those are some nice facilities.

Hey guys, I'm located in north MS and I have been building some corrals lately and making decent money. However, I have yet to find a good supplier of pipe. I am buying structural pipe in 20' lengths and it would save me a ton of money if I could buy in 24' lengths. I have looked at suppliers in the midwest and texas, but shipping somewhat kills the deal.

I am specifically looking for something in the neighborhood of 2" shcedule 10 pipe.

Anybody out there got any ideas? Will be buying in bulk.
Where in north ms are you located?

I was told Wheeler Metals has huge inventories of pipe in warehouses and does bulk deliveries. They don't offer it on there website so may not be true. Might be worth a call though. Please post some pics of corrals if you can.

I heard there's a guy at one of the local community colleges that does some good welding work. If you happen to see him, ask him about my floor pans for my k5 blazer project ;)

I heard there's a guy at one of the local community colleges that does some good welding work. If you happen to see him, ask him about my floor pans for my k5 blazer project ;)
Someone lied to you about that welding instructor doing good work, he's a hack!! I think we got you something fixed up on those floor pans though. I'll give you a shout later today!

I was told Wheeler Metals has huge inventories of pipe in warehouses and does bulk deliveries. They don't offer it on there website so may not be true. Might be worth a call though. Please post some pics of corrals if you can.
I'll reach out and see what they have. I see they also have a warehouse in Arkansas. Might be worth a shot. Thanks!!

Latest posts