Sorry guys...

Help Support CattleToday:

rockridgecattle

Reaction score
...but even heifer calves are smarter than bull or steer calves :lol2:
Well, I've talked about Ozzie and Harriet before, so here goes again.
Well ,nearing the end of the i can't remember the number of bags of milk replacer. The calves are 5 months old and not bad for bottle babies. They were down to 3.4 of a bottle in the evening only as well as their grain.
They get 6# of calf starter a day each and well figured on cutting them from the milk cold turkey.
Enter husband...lets feed them a bottle with mostly water and very little milk replacer...no lets just get it over with....well lets feed them a bottle of water, they won't know...no lets just get it over with...out come the bottles with water.
Ozzie the steer sucked it back no problem did not care what was in the bottle...knows he got one. One born every minute :lol2:
Harriet that was a different story. Spit out the nipple several times and got the tongue going then tried again...spit it out again...walked away. Smart.
Even in animals... :oops: :lol2:
I'm just being a little cheeky :shock:

That just goes to show how picky the female members of the species are! :p :p :p

cfpinz

cfpinz":2pipzkx4 said:
That just goes to show how picky the female members of the species are! :p :p :p

cfpinz

:eek: Rationalization is a wonderful thing, isn't it? Sounds to me like you have 'picky' confused with 'smart', as in smart enough to know the difference'. :p :p :lol: :lol: :lol:

msscamp - One doesn't need to be intelligent in order to be picky! My wife is a prime example, she has excellent taste in men! :lol:

A comment came to mind involving the steer and the bottle (nipple) but I just remembered this is a family forum. :oops:

cfpinz

cfpinz":urugft6r said:
msscamp - One doesn't need to be intelligent in order to be picky! My wife is a prime example, she has excellent taste in men! :lol:

Au contrair! Intelligence is the basis of pickiness, at least for things that really matter! ;-) :lol: :lol:

A comment came to mind involving the steer and the bottle (nipple) but I just remembered this is a family forum. :oops:

I think I have a pretty good idea where you were going with this though, and you did good by not going there! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

cfpinz

:shock: :roll: ;-) I don't suppose it has entered yall's minds that Ozzie was thirsty and Harriot was not. :cboy:

naw not at all. She just knew it did not taste right. She has not bawled much but ozzie stands along the fence bawling at our house. Poor calf. Just wants his blankie.

RR

Play fare :roll: Lock them both up all night, no food or water see which one takes the bottle. :shock:

At that age and eating that amount of feed, get rid of the bottles. Keep fresh water available at all times. Time to get rid of the passy.

Latest posts