Sonic - blended hamburger

Help Support CattleToday:

Son of Butch

Reaction score
Sonic fast food restaurant is test marketing blended hamburger made of 75% beef 25% ground mushrooms
Two month trial at all 3,5000 locations offered in 2 of their burgers, the Sonic cheeseburger and bacon cheeseburger.
Sales pitch, lower total calories for bacon and cheese lovers.

IF it goes over well expect others might follow suit and it could put a dent in demand for beef.
I've never had one. Seems to me chopped mushrooms could work well, has anyone here tasted one?

I'd think 25% mushroom is a bit to much unless you are already a vegetarian. I have put diced mushroom , onion, carrot and such in burgers before. They cook different and have a different texture. As far as taste.....closer to a meatloaf sandwich than a burger but I like a good meatloaf sandwich too.

How much are mushrooms a pound? Is saving sonic money, or the consumer calories?

Son of Butch":3nt2ioe9 said:
Sonic fast food restaurant is test marketing blended hamburger made of 75% beef 25% ground mushrooms
Two month trial at all 3,5000 locations offered in 2 of their burgers, the Sonic cheeseburger and bacon cheeseburger.
Sales pitch, lower total calories for bacon and cheese lovers.

IF it goes over well expect others might follow suit and it could put a dent in demand for beef.
I've never had one. Seems to me chopped mushrooms could work well, has anyone here tasted one?

about a 34percent increase in hamburger/mushroom burger consumption would increase beef consumption?

I'd say stick with wendys and arbys they are doing the most for american cattleman right now to my knowledge. I dont see adding some mushrooms being enough to up consumption enough to cover the loss.

I don't go to Sonic any more. They 1st stopped offering banana splits, and more recently, decided it was just too much trouble to put a tablespoon or 2 of powdered malt extract in their milk shakes and took malts off the menu.
Their burgers weren't all that great to begin with either..

skyhightree1":2lvwskyx said:
pdfangus":2lvwskyx said:
no but I will make an effort to try one......I love Sonics Chicago Hot Dog.

I am not a fan of sonic foods they don't taste too good to me.

I am not a fan either, never been able to figure it out unless it's the kind or amount of cooking oil but something about it just don't set well with me.

I love their budget burger. When we go on road trips we get this burger with mustard instead of mayo...it use to be a buck, but I think its a little more now. Has everything the bigger burgers have, its just smaller. I don't need a big burger, specially at lunch, so this small one is just right. Not sure if i'd be happy with a burger made of mushrooms.. is this a real story?

Ky hills":2226l3mi said:
skyhightree1":2226l3mi said:
pdfangus":2226l3mi said:
no but I will make an effort to try one......I love Sonics Chicago Hot Dog.

I am not a fan of sonic foods they don't taste too good to me.

I am not a fan either, never been able to figure it out unless it's the kind or amount of cooking oil but something about it just don't set well with me.

If I eat at sonic I am darn near starvation

heck ......I am always starving.....

we have a new cookout in town.....I am taking half my meals there now...it has not yet replaced my weekend omlette and grits at waffle house though....

pdfangus":37j5xnfp said:
heck ......I am always starving.....

we have a new cookout in town.....I am taking half my meals there now...it has not yet replaced my weekend omlette and grits at waffle house though....

Cookout is my favorite place to eat fast food wise

I do like the flavor combination of beef and mushrooms.
I've liked the burgers with mushrooms and cheese that I have tried before, but not sure I'd like them as much with
the mushrooms ground and blended in as I do when they're a topping.

Don't know, I've never tried it. Only cheddar or swiss? I like both especially swiss, but blue cheese too!

I've never eaten at Sonic, so doubt I'll get the chance to try their blended burger without going well out of my way.
When someone mentioned their Chicago dog as a favorite I wanted to try that too.

greybeard":hwh9fjfy said:
I don't go to Sonic any more. They 1st stopped offering banana splits, and more recently, decided it was just too much trouble to put a tablespoon or 2 of powdered malt extract in their milk shakes and took malts off the menu.
Their burgers weren't all that great to begin with either..
I would only stop for their cherry limeade. I hope they havent changed that.

i just read your average hamburger you buy at fast food / grocery has 100+ head mixed together.

Latest posts