Somn

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.

gerardplauche

Reaction score
Somn - Congratulations. You have managed to once again write a completely drawn-out, argumentative post. We are all appreciative. And I want to thank you for personally insulting me for allegedly lying about my operating costs (which are no business of yours), even though I explained last years losses. Who are you to be so critical? You are telling me that you are trying to keep the boards honest, but I do not see it. All I see is you trying to get a reaction out of people. Well, here it is...

I am also very impressed at the fact that you are able to write such long posts about nothing. A lengthy post does not automatically make you an expert on a topic. Are you aware of this? I am grateful for these boards, in which I have gained a LOT of valuable knowledge (none can be accredited to you). I am by no means an expert, but I try to share what experience I have. And I would like to continue to do so without thoughtless attacks from speechy antogonists.

I am sure you will have a lengthy response, just try to keep it valid.

Gerald I can't figure Somn out either. I've seen him post some extremely good information at times and then at other times seems to get overly agitated and agressive in his posts. Heck I've been guilty of making miscalculations etc. more times than I like to admit and others do the same but no reason for a full frontal attack. I know he loves to crunch numbers but then you can always make numbers say what you want. I quit disagreeing with him a long time ago and just let him have his fun. Too bad every thread he posts on seems to eventually get locked.

Best Wishes.

Bravo Gerard about time someone spoke up.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Somn, I told you your wasting your time sending me nasty pm's :roll: I delete them unopened. Say what you want to me on the forums.

Shucks. I thought SOMN had become civil. Maybe turned over a new leaf or something. He and I haven't locked horns in a very long time. We had some good dialog in pm exchange just a week ago or so.

Some people bend the truth, but that man makes up a whole new truth and believes it!

show where his figures are wrong and that will be the end of it!!!!

mwj well when Somn told a guy he could haul his cows to an out of state sale and it would only cost him $.0125 per hundred-weight to do it I thought "wait a minute". So I went back and read all the posts on the subject again. This man had given anyone any idea where he lives nor how far "out of state" and you have no idea how many hundred-weight he'll be hauling so how the heck can you run the numbers on that? Just another of his off the cuff comments with no foundation. Seems sometimes he tries to baffle with B.S.

somn don't sugar coat it enough for some folks on the forums it seems. He reminds me of my Grandad.

I just can't agree with most on this post. I thought there were others that could have had the rock thrown at them.

I never need mine with sugar.

edit for spelling again .... 3 dang times... where is the spell check..

Somn reminds me of John McCain. He doesn't suffer fools gladly and ends up taking a lot of heat because he's not always Mr. Nice Guy. He may be a bit harsh at times but I, for one, would take advice from him in a heartbeat. Maybe if some of you put your egos aside for a minute you might learn something from him. I know I have.

Not defending somn, which I'm sure he wouldn't want and doesn't need, but I appreciate his input.

I've farmed and fed cattle my whole life it's all I've ever done . I can tell for the most part how much experience a person has in the business . Somn is the real deal ,he makes a living at this and I can tell that from what he says . As Van says he doesn't suffer fools well .

Larry

Van and Larry we all agree to disagree on this board, but when you start to attack and make it personal there is the problem.
When Somn went after me other stepped in and told him to back off, but he didn't until the thread was locked. He's entitled to his opinion, but that does not mean I have to agree with it.
When you attack the breed of cattle that a person has chosen to raise and critize their way of raising them without walking in their shoes, you better believe that war has been declared.
Wait until he goes after you personally because you don't agree with him.

VanC":3gs1hw43 said:
Somn reminds me of John McCain. He doesn't suffer fools gladly and ends up taking a lot of heat because he's not always Mr. Nice Guy. He may be a bit harsh at times but I, for one, would take advice from him in a heartbeat. Maybe if some of you put your egos aside for a minute you might learn something from him. I know I have.

We have locked horns before, I believe he is just as entitled to his opinon as anyone else.
If we all thought the same what a boring world this would be.
I don't need mine with syrup on it either.

gerardplauche":17a4bf9n said:
You are telling me that you are trying to keep the boards honest, but I do not see it.
Well telling someone that your feedcosts in the feedlot are a mere $.85 per head per day and later telling everyone you showed a sizeable loss is not being very honest. You either have lied about your feedcosts or you lied about your sizeable loss. There is a possible third scenario maybe on account of ppm you lost over half the herd. ;-)

It is good to see some of my old friends drop by to whine.

First we have the fine idividual from Montana that makes a practice of feeding SRM's that are unfit for human food to humans. Real plus for the cattle industry there.

Then we have roundup man. My only question there is how does roundup wear off?

Followed by the wonderful young man who slaughters sick calves with a infection of the eye, and the potential for drug residue to unsuspecting consumers. Yep another poster boy for the industry I depend upon for my livelihood.

I luv herfrds":9w5ouzsp said:
Van and Larry we all agree to disagree on this board, but when you start to attack and make it personal there is the problem.
When Somn went after me other stepped in and told him to back off, but he didn't until the thread was locked. He's entitled to his opinion, but that does not mean I have to agree with it.
When you attack the breed of cattle that a person has chosen to raise and critize their way of raising them without walking in their shoes, you better believe that war has been declared.
Wait until he goes after you personally because you don't agree with him.
I never attacked your breed of cattle I attacked you and your unethical and unsafe practice of selling meat containing SRM's that are unfit for humans to humans for food. The only breeds I have ever attacked are long horns and yaks as I don't consider either breed to be cattle. They are both little novelty items. Put them in the feedlot once and you will see what I speak of. Pouring money down the drain. Oh and once a person was a bragging up her small framed murrey greys. I simply explained those little bitty cattle might be great forage converters but they don't have much value to a feedlot owner. We sell pounds not heads.

TNMasterBeefProducer":2b0oz7k0 said:
I cant wait until he comes after me I havent locked horns with anyone in a while. It should be interesting.

Bring your horns this time....
Somn hunts game like you for fun. :cowboy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts