Sometimes you're not really dead.

Help Support CattleToday:

Sad. But it happens. (In the news paper.) A few years back, a guy took his beloved dog into the vet and had it put down. He carried the body home and placed it in his garage, to bury it the next day on his parents land. He awoke the next morning with the dog standing there wagging its tail! :shock: I think that I would have fainted!!
Then there was the little dog that went through the gas chamber, and was found by a shelter worker peering out through the window the next morning! That brings tears to my eyes!! :cry2:

He was pronounced dead at 9PM Wednesday night and zipped into the bag. They didn't start to work on him in mortuary till the next morning--Thursday around 8 is what I read in the latest news. In the bag, all night long and his pacemaker started working sometime after they zipped him in? It must have been almost immediately because there seems to be no brain damage like there would have been from a heart that was stopped for hours.

greybeard":3ny9ajwi said:
He was pronounced dead at 9PM Wednesday night and zipped into the bag. They didn't start to work on him in mortuary till the next morning--Thursday around 8 is what I read in the latest news. In the bag, all night long and his pacemaker started working sometime after they zipped him in? It must have been almost immediately because there seems to be no brain damage like there would have been from a heart that was stopped for hours.
Boy, that must have been one cold and terrifying night for the poor ole guy!! There is a lesson to be learned here! I will be sure to tell my daughter, (If I have a pacemaker) to make sure they disconnect the dern thing before I go to the mortuary!

Has anyone read Jim Harriot vet stories? He had something similar happen to him once when he wanted to put a sick sheep down, but was stingey on the Nembutal because his boss would have given him hell.. I think it was a ewe that had a bad infection and the owner didn't care if it lived or died.. uterine perhaps... So he gave it 1/2 the dose, and came back a few days later to work on a different animal (the one he was there to see in the first place). The farmer said he'd never seen anything like it before... the ewe slept for about 2 or 3 days, and was good as new after that!... A few years later he came across a dog that was always vomiting and was nearly dead from the exhaustion.. He had no options for treating it, and thought... maybe it would work, and he gave it a partial dose of Nembutal, which put it to sleep for a LONG time, and when it woke up it stopped vomiting and was all good again.. sometimes sleep is all that's needed

Nesikep":1tyi28q7 said:
Has anyone read Jim Harriot vet stories? He had something similar happen to him once when he wanted to put a sick sheep down, but was stingey on the Nembutal because his boss would have given him be nice.. I think it was a ewe that had a bad infection and the owner didn't care if it lived or died.. uterine perhaps... So he gave it 1/2 the dose, and came back a few days later to work on a different animal (the one he was there to see in the first place). The farmer said he'd never seen anything like it before... the ewe slept for about 2 or 3 days, and was good as new after that!... A few years later he came across a dog that was always vomiting and was nearly dead from the exhaustion.. He had no options for treating it, and thought... maybe it would work, and he gave it a partial dose of Nembutal, which put it to sleep for a LONG time, and when it woke up it stopped vomiting and was all good again.. sometimes sleep is all that's needed
OMGosh! I listen to James Harriet books on tape when I travel, but have not heard those 2 stories! I guess it is like the sedation that you give people on ventilators to keep them from fighting the machine. (A paralytic.) James Harriet practiced medicine during the time of development of some of those drugs. Good stories!

Nesikep":pewno06p said:
I love James Harriot.... I have his biography too but haven't read that
I tried to listen to his biography......was not so good. Supposedly, his stories were just that. "Stories." He did not really live most of them. (If I remember right.) I found the biography really boring compared to his "stories."

Latest posts