Some Simmi stuff

Help Support CattleToday:

Fire Sweep Ranch

Reaction score
I have been super busy, but thought I would post some pics...

We had a new calf today, 290 days gestation and the bull calf is sired by Pays to Dream. He was 87 pounds, second calf for this gal. Interesting point, the cow is still just two years old, and this is her second calf! She calved in January, to Uno Mas. She is a May, so will be three in May. She stuck to her first AI attempt in the Spring. We sold her Jan Uno Mas bull calf at Farm Fest this fall. I think she is doing a great job!
k356l2.jpg

This lady will be two in January, and is a Wide Track heifer x Crossfire 13 year old cow.
2ut6xps.jpg

She had this wonderful heifer, sired by Built Right. I had 4 straws of Built Right, and wanted to use one on her. I then sold the other three straws in a sale for $250 a straw! So glad we got a heifer!!!
2qsxn5w.jpg

These two are in the show pen! I love the chrome, and look forward to some fun with my daughter showing them in 2018...
2wgszsj.jpg

Both purebreds, the front a May sired by Revival, the back a March sired by Bandwagon....

We have been having fun! Mostly bulls, so good to see a few heifers!

You have many nice looking cows, heifers and baby bull there.

Are some Simmental naturally baldies?

The Revival heifer is going to be about a frame 5.8 (just a guess). She is 7 months old, and we weighed them today, she was 602. She is not fat, so I think she will be good sized. She is super deep, and seems to have all the right pieces. I think she is better than the Bandwagon, but time will tell.

What frame was her dam?

I really like the bull and his heifers, and really want to use him on a cow I have but she will need some added frame for sure.

they all look really good.
Do you keep your show heifers clipped up all winter? You would never be able to pick out which heifers were shown on my farm right now. All outdoors & all very "wooly". LOL
We promoted a Bandwagon in 2016. Was super good & had a successful show career. she was sold to a junior in PA.

WIntersprings, I do not know how big her dam was. I did not pay that close attention to her and she was just 2 and a half (so not full grown).
Thank you Farmboy....you are welcome here any time! I love talking cattle

Jeanne - the show heifers are NOT clipped during the winter. Our last show was in September, and the only thing that has been clipped since then is the bulls for Farm Fest and the the sale group. The chromed up heifers were clipped before we bought them.
We also have two Zsa Zsa calves on the ground; a bull and a heifer, both sired by Upperclass. The bull calf looks super, the heifer is slower growing, and a spook for some reason. It is amazing how different flush mates can be!

There can be major differences between embryo sibs.

This is a Upper Class heifer. She was 13 months old in this picture. She was a class winner at Keystone Int'l
I have some full sib heifers, as of now do not look like her. We'll see how they develop.

Latest posts