Doing some haysilage.
dsc00001un1.jpg

dsc00002ad9.jpg

dsc00003bi3.jpg

Mowing some pasture.

dsc00008od3.jpg

dsc00009mi9.jpg

dsc00010ds8.jpg

Nice equipment. I stay busy half the year keeping my JD 2240 in working order. Seems like I fix one thing and another breaks. I guess it's the age though, plus I got a really good deal when I bought it. Just wish it had a front end loader.

Neve seen a Valmet tractor before. Gonna tell my brother. He worked for them for years - making paper machines though.

Good pics, thanks!

ERodrig":2bbuhynk said:
Nice equipment. I stay busy half the year keeping my JD 2240 in working order. Seems like I fix one thing and another breaks. I guess it's the age though, plus I got a really good deal when I bought it. Just wish it had a front end loader.

After using a number of 2020's that were impossible to kill, I broke down and bought a 2240 for my wife to use. (She comes from JD people.) That tractor single-handedly turned me against green equipt from then on. What a pos. Even she was glad to see it go, now she fights me for the old 7600 Ford.

cfpinz

CFPINZ,
I know what you mean. My uncle farms about 10,000 acres and has always used JD tractors. He's even got some that have their own navigation system, you just point and push the button and the darn thing drives itself. So when I bought mine, I thought it would last. And the parts are so expensive. The rockshaft lever broke about a week ago. The darn this is $90 some odd dollars. For a lever! I've owned several ford cars and if they make tractors like the do cars, my next tractor is going to be a ford or something else.

Well, thats what happens when you dont buy American. I ttake a lot of money for JD to ship all them replacment parts from overseas. :lol:

I guess I shouldnt talk though. I just bought a used JD 510 baler.

Latest posts