Some fun here yesterday!!

Help Support CattleToday:

peg4x4

Reaction score
There was a fire in an electric substation,which knocked out the whole town and much of the surrounding countryside!! HWY 290 runs thro here,so all police were directing traffic..All stores,cafes,and gas stations were out of busness..NO TV!!!! NO COMPUTERS!! No comunication! If the terrioests really want to bring America down,all they gotta do is hit 'bout 20 substations at the same time. Took more than 6 hours to get it all back up! All's well now..

Peg,

Last week, and then again yesterday, I had to have electrical work done here. Both days I was w/o electricity for about 2-3 hours. Talk about wretched.

And, how many times did I walk thru the house flipping on light switches knowing the electricity was shut down to the house! It's just become so danged automatic!

Alice

:lol: :lol: :lol: Did that too :shock: funny ain't it how habits are.. :oops:

peg4x4":3mks0vxu said:
If the terrioests really want to bring America down,all they gotta do is hit 'bout 20 substations at the same time.

First - what is a substation?

Second - Not that many terrorists sit and read things on Cattle Today boards but ........ :secret: ssshhhhhhhh we don't need to be throwing any ideas out there! ;-)

Like the movies they are now putting out there, or even some of the shows. Like the show "Jericho" - don't get me wrong, I like the show, but why give anyone ideas? I will say that show got some good conversation going in my house when my sons (9 & 12), started asking about "what would happen if .." and maybe thats what they are intended to do.

TnWI":2k9ikl7p said:
peg4x4":2k9ikl7p said:
If the terrioests really want to bring America down,all they gotta do is hit 'bout 20 substations at the same time.

First - what is a substation?

Second - Not that many terrorists sit and read things on Cattle Today boards but ........ :secret: ssshhhhhhhh we don't need to be throwing any ideas out there! ;-)

Like the movies they are now putting out there, or even some of the shows. Like the show "Jericho" - don't get me wrong, I like the show, but why give anyone ideas? I will say that show got some good conversation going in my house when my sons (9 & 12), started asking about "what would happen if .." and maybe thats what they are intended to do.

A substation is a mini electrical plant, but out in the rural areas. We have one about 2 miles from our house. Last week they did work there, power kept going on and off every couple seconds, a real pain during milking.

GMN

Amazing how dependant we are on electricity now a days. Know the feeling, from the hurricanes, when we are out of electric for a week or more!

RebelCritter":2puya2kk said:
Amazing how dependant we are on electricity now a days. Know the feeling, from the hurricanes, when we are out of electric for a week or more!

I've got a generator that can handle the freezer, ice box and well pump, along with a few other things. Also have lamps and all kinds of camping equipment such as stoves and lanterns. My inverter will run 3 box fans and an ice cream maker simultaneously. Those solar battery chargers are awesome. I keep one on the tractor, one on the hoe, one on the dump trailer, and one on the caterpillar.

Back when there was the stupid Y2K scare, everyone said they were coming to my house.

Anyway, when there is a power failure, it is no big thing, except that I lose central air.

backhoeboogie":bg6myyes said:
RebelCritter":bg6myyes said:

I've got a generator that can handle the freezer, ice box and well pump, along with a few other things. Also have lamps and all kinds of camping equipment such as stoves and lanterns. My inverter will run 3 box fans and an ice cream maker simultaneously. Those solar battery chargers are awesome. I keep one on the tractor, one on the hoe, one on the dump trailer, and one on the caterpillar.

Back when there was the stupid Y2K scare, everyone said they were coming to my house.

Yep, we bought a generator in 99 too, for the big milenium scare, have used it once or twice for power failures.

GMN

Anyway, when there is a power failure, it is no big thing, except that I lose central air.

Latest posts