Some Balancers

Help Support CattleToday:

BrownCow

Reaction score
This will be a test with photo posting and to show you all some calves. Hopefully you will see a picture of 2 little fuzzy heifer calves :cboy:

BlackyandANgusresized.jpg

On the other site, make sure the picture is in the large box, right click on the picture, go to properties, find the URL address right click on it , hit control c, go to where you want to post it open the new post , click on IMG then hit control v. the picture should pop up.

Like this
49resized.jpg

Nice looking heifer.

Land looks like around here, I'm in Nelson Co. What county is in the pics?

This is right smack on the Stafford - Kinge George County line. No rocks here but people think that there should be because of all of the hills. :D

3waycross.
The heifer in the picture (#49)with the sheep isn't registered,nor is the one without the sheep(#50). However,the one that you like (with the sheep) I am considering keeping her for a cow IF you all don't see anything majorly wrong with her. I really love her dog-like disposition and how easy she is to handle. She is more "angus like" in appearence with the smaller head and the "fuzzy" coat.
The heifer without the sheep (#50) is not as feminine as #49 but has more of the Gelbveigh type. She is pretty darn hard headed and evil when it comes to sorting,but is more apt to come up to see you when you are in the pasture with the cattle. I don't think that I will keep her for a cow because of that "bullish" head and front end. But then again I will think about your comments.

I am inquiring about the bull that produced these calves and will give you that information when I get it.

~~BC :cboy:

I sold these heifers last Wednesday. $2.25 for #49 and $2.50 for #50. #49 weighed 835 lbs and #50 weighed 900lbs. I don't think I did bad..... :banana:

BC

3waycross":1n7er1bc said:
On the other site, make sure the picture is in the large box, right click on the picture, go to properties, find the URL address right click on it , hit control c, go to where you want to post it open the new post , click on IMG then hit control v. the picture should pop up.

Like this
49resized.jpg
Sounds like rocket surgery to me. :lol2:

TexasBred":m1emzh8t said:
3waycross":m1emzh8t said:

Like this
49resized.jpg
Sounds like rocket surgery to me. :lol2:

Wow TB. You musta had a slow day :roll:

I'm just checking.
You got $1878.00, and $2250.00 respectively for unregistered unbred heifers?
Or am I not understanding your post correctly?

They're fine looking heifers by the way

cmf1":2ib054i0 said:
I'm just checking.
You got $1878.00, and $2250.00 respectively for unregistered unbred heifers?
Or am I not understanding your post correctly?

They're fine looking heifers by the way

Just guess, but at those prices I doubt that they "walked" into their new homes.

I read through the post too quickly the first time.
I somehow got it that he was talking keepers though he wasn't.

Either way....

Nice job Brown Cow.

Yes they did go for that much a peice. 2 local farms got into a bidding war and well.............
I am getting out of the commercial business and into registered Gelbviehs so I was finishing up getting rid of some of the last of the commercials. They are actually living right next door to me now at their new home...................... :cboy:

BC

PS- you guys are gonna have alot of questions on your hands as I will actually start a breeding herd and not just backgrounding..... :cowboy:

BrownCow":2gb8k3pv said:
Yes they did go for that much a peice. 2 local farms got into a bidding war and well.............
I am getting out of the commercial business and into registered Gelbviehs so I was finishing up getting rid of some of the last of the commercials. They are actually living right next door to me now at their new home...................... :cboy:

BC

PS- you guys are gonna have alot of questions on your hands as I will actually start a breeding herd and not just backgrounding..... :cowboy:

You got that kind of money for LIVE commercial heifers????????? My guess is about 1000 people on here are wondering why you would raise something else. At the very least I sure would like to rub your head for luck.

BTW take a look at the sale results for the So Missouri Seedstock plus sale for purebred GV heifers. The sold purebred heifers out of some of the top sires in the US for 1000 to 1250 dollars. Go Figure.

that's a funny calling card... one random animal in the background of your pictures. this could turn into where's waldo.

Well you must keep in mind that I DO NOT get these prices regularly. I get about .85-.90 per lb for my critters on a normal basis.

BC

Latest posts