So there I was

Help Support CattleToday:

MillIronQH

Reaction score
with no credit cards and no check book and I only had about $40.00 in my pocket. Standing in the middle of Cabela's. It was terrible I tell you. I think I may have to go for counseling.Z

MillIronQH":2qjc44gf said:
with no credit cards and no check book and I only had about $40.00 in my pocket. Standing in the middle of Cabela's. It was terrible I tell you. I think I may have to go for counseling.Z

So, what does $40 get you at Cabela's?

john250":2kjs3gkp said:
So, what does $40 get you at Cabela's?

Probably not what he wanted. :lol:

A place like that sure is filled with all kind of stuff that leaves a person sounding like a little kid, "I want" "I need" "I gotta have". :lol:

Best not for me to go to places like that......for that reason.

Katherine

stupid nebraska. i have to drive about 80 miles just to get to a cabela's. although the first store was here, they still didnt build enough. lincolns alot closer and the only thing they have is a scheel;s. stupid knockoff of cabela except its more for all sports not just hunting. and its more expensive then cabela's if you can believe it.

MillIronQH":36uzqyl2 said:
I'm going to be at the one in Salt Lake City Utah this coming Friday... :banana:
You can bet that I won't make that mistake!!! :lol:

They are building one about 30 miles from my house that is supposed to be open this fall. This is not going to be good for the budget.

Dave Wrote :They are building one about 30 miles from my house that is supposed to be open this fall. This is not going to be good for the budget.

Where about's Dave??, I Am in washington also. May need to look in on them when it opens[

I heard an ad for another business on the radio earlier and the directions included "one exit south of Cabela's". The place hasn't been open a year yet and already it's an Austin Landmark. Just because it's big enough to park a couple of B-52s in...Z

Z,

It is time for confession. About 15 months ago I won a $200 door prize gift card for Cabela's. And I haven't been yet. Kind of figure that $200 "free merchandise" is going to cost a few more nickels when I finally do go.

Nowland Farms":2zf50hhi said:
Backhoe,

I'll help you watch your nickels, send that $200 GC to me and you won't have to worry about your nickels.

Mrs Backhoe wants a generator for the camper trailer. "For the grandchildren" according to her. I'm thinking, wait a minute, they drew my number and I received this gift card. Oh well. Guess everyone knows why I haven't driven all the way up to near Denton yet! :lol:

cattleluvr18":2yyzmcaf said:
stupid nebraska. i have to drive about 80 miles just to get to a cabela's. although the first store was here, they still didnt build enough. lincolns alot closer and the only thing they have is a scheel;s. stupid knockoff of cabela except its more for all sports not just hunting. and its more expensive then cabela's if you can believe it.

I went to the one in Kearney, NE this time last year. I liked it... thought it was cool, has lots a stuff i could see myself owning. Spent probably an hour or so in there. Then...I went to the one in Ft. Worth. Jeez, that thing blew me away. You walk in and its just huge, with the big mountain. Me and a buddy spent a good 2 hours in there just looking around. I didnt have any money in the store with me (on purpose) but he bought a real cool hunting tent.

3 car loads of friends and I drove past the one in South Dakota a couple of years ago. One decided that she was going to stop but the others of us decided that we didn't have the self control to enter a place like that...

she went in for a duck call and came out with a coat, a pair of boots, and other assorted goodies - plus the duck call

after seeing her goodies I was sooooo glad that I just kept driving. :oops:

Latest posts