So Much Rain

Help Support CattleToday:

TxCoUnTrYbOy

Reaction score
Grass is already almost waist high in some spots, and now we are supposed to get rain for the next 10 days. I love how were getting the rain after last year of no rain all summer, but we keep getting flooded. We should be under water now for a while.

After the terrible dryness we have had in the past several years we are loving this rain. It is wonderful.

People are cutting their rye grass around here and they are getting terrific yields. It is such a good feeling to look out there and see that. Only problem is some started cutting Saturday because rain wasn't forcasted until Tuesday and then the weather people forcasted rain for today so some were scrambling to get it put up Sunday. Doesn't seem like enough time for it to dry to me. Hopefully it will turn out okay for them. Oh and it hasn't rained yet.

:lol: Last year I was worring 'bout my ragweed and grassburr crop,both are doing Fine this year.. :roll: If I don't get to mow soon, ...... :help: :? well,don't know what I'll do..........

johndeerefarmer":j1jz8n23 said:
Don't complain about the rain. It's funny how people seem to forget that we have been in a drought the last 2 years in Texas.

We are farmers/ranchers. We reserve the right to complain whether it's wet or dry. ( Have I told you how danged wet it is here? Corn planted is near non-existent and it should be close to a third by now. ) If it is 75 F and sunny, we can see a dark cloud on the horizon.

john250":188ik3zr said:
johndeerefarmer":188ik3zr said:
Don't complain about the rain. It's funny how people seem to forget that we have been in a drought the last 2 years in Texas.

We are farmers/ranchers. We reserve the right to complain whether it's wet or dry. ( Have I told you how danged wet it is here? Corn planted is near non-existent and it should be close to a third by now. ) If it is 75 F and sunny, we can see a dark cloud on the horizon.

My comment was directed toward TXCountryBoy, who is in Texas like me but I am sorry that your corn planting is delayed.

Its not the rain I have a problem with, its the high winds, lightning and chances of tornados that I dont like. Ill take rain almost anyday. It does take away from my fishing time though.

We are under a tornado warning right now actually. That makes 3 times in 2 days. We actually havent got that much rain, but there has been lots of wind. If only we could get just some light rain every day, preferably at night, everything would be great.

the perfect weather, how nice would that be sun all day and rain at night....no chance unfortunatly. We have not had any rain in a Month, what we did have was not much, and looks like it might be another few weeks before we get anymore, down in the Southeast of England. the ground is begining to crack. and we will have a hose ban soon, not good for the gardens and nearby fields.

and people in heck want ice water. :D :D

I'll take all the rain we can get - it is going to be a dry summer according to every long term forecaster I've heard from.

When we were having droughts I prayed for rain. Then the last two years we've been flooded. After having nearly all the fences on the place wiped out and the basement filled with water you get rain shy. I thought the droughts were expensive buying hay. The floods cost more.:shock:
We started getting rain yesterday and it wasn't a happy occasion, just spent the day watching the river which is high again this year. Last year wasn't as bad as the year before so hopefully this year won't be as bad as last year. As it is June we'll be expecting it and have the basement cleared out and the animals up high.

Latest posts