So Angry

Help Support CattleToday:

Little Cow

Reaction score
It just takes one big corporate scumbag not training and supervising workers to make us all look like scumbags.

If you haven't seen it, you should check out the Fair Oaks Farm undercover video. I don't care what the source is, that is powerful ammunition that could destroy good people treating their animals properly. If you have a big place and hired hands, walk around when they least expect it. Fire their butts fast as you can for any sadistic cr*p. I'm so sick of these big corporations getting busted because they don't simply walk their lots and see what the hired hands are up to. If I ever saw that back at the dairy I worked on, I would've slammed somebody's face into the mud. Those are the same *#@! that beat their wives and kids.

I never did pay much attention to this.

Was it true?

I don't believe much that passes for news these days.

If ARM was was so intent on doing the right thing, why didn't they notify authorities at the first hint of abuse? If you will notice ARM is just like PETA and those other groups where they operate thru donations. Those videos they compile is their advertising and their source to help rake in the dollars just like those poor pitiful puppy vids. Stopping abuse immediately hinders their money source and doesn't rake in the dollars. Too bad some people get sucked into their vacuum.

slick4591 said:
If ARM was was so intent on doing the right thing, why didn't they notify authorities at the first hint of abuse? If you will notice ARM is just like PETA and those other groups where they operate thru donations. Those videos they compile is their advertising and their source to help rake in the dollars just like those poor pitiful puppy vids. Stopping abuse immediately hinders their money source and doesn't rake in the dollars. Too bad some people get sucked into their vacuum.

I guess they act like cops undercover. It takes a lot of abuse to build a case. KNowing that, they would have had to get a lot of footage of abuse. It's notoriously hard to convict anyone for animal abuse. Most states do not have felony animal abuse; only misdemeanor. If what you guys are saying is true, and not just a conspiracy (there seems to be far too many of those these days) the case will be thrown out and/or ARM members will be convicted of abuse. That is why I seriously doubt that it was an ARM set up. It would look very bad if their own plants were convicted of abuse.

Little Cow said:
slick4591 said:

I guess they act like cops undercover. It takes a lot of abuse to build a case. KNowing that, they would have had to get a lot of footage of abuse. It's notoriously hard to convict anyone for animal abuse. Most states do not have felony animal abuse; only misdemeanor. If what you guys are saying is true, and not just a conspiracy (there seems to be far too many of those these days) the case will be thrown out and/or ARM members will be convicted of abuse. That is why I seriously doubt that it was an ARM set up. It would look very bad if their own plants were convicted of abuse.
They had to manafacture the abuse. They spent two years trying find abuse, when they couldn't they did it theirselves.

Famous case here a while back they were paying people for footage of suffering animals so on the export ships some guy turned of the ventilation and then filmed the sheep heat stressed. I've seen activists first hand, they are some twisted people, half their rallies are "hire a crowd" people. They are starting to turn a lot of people off their "cause"

Hey guys, the point is that we really have to be clean and stay clean. You can't run around playing victim. There were things going on that should have been caught but weren't. That's sloppy and you can't be sloppy. Animal abuse doesn't just cause sensational videos; it costs money. Dr. Grandin does a great job proving that.

Son of Butch said:
I know you mean well and I agree, but I think you're preaching to the choir.
(Which isn't all bad, the choir needs to hear it too.)

I sure didn't mean to do that. I know there are very conscientious people here who care about doing things right. I just get frustrated when big farms are sloppy. It reflects on everybody. I understand about trying to be a united front, so to speak, but we have to be tougher on ourselves than outsiders.

i am also angry at the crazy activists.

we, as producers, should not jump on the wagon.. nor should anyone else.. until a proper investigation is completed.

maybe fair oaks was colluding with russia... ?

Latest posts