Snowfall Totals

Help Support CattleToday:

cfpinz

Reaction score
So far, we've got 64 or 65 inches this year, seems to be the general consensus on our road.

How much have you got where you live?

cfpinz":2p5opp6a said:
So far, we've got 64 or 65 inches this year, seems to be the general consensus on our road.

How much have you got where you live?

Your on track to have almost the same amount of snowfall we have on a 'normal' year. :D Welcome to the club!

Although our club has much colder temps. :p :cowboy:

Can you believe? I came down here to Virginia to get away from NY winters for a few weeks. :shock: :shock: I told my wife next year, we are going north for the winter. :lol2:

end of Dec 18 "
jan 26 14"
feb 6 12 "
feb 10 6"

total 50 " so far not counting a couple of little skiffs of snow prior to the first big one.

Last year nothing to speak of. My hay barn is getting empty too. Have bought some but too wet to get it here.

If it won't for the hurricanes and the cottonmouths I would think about moving farther south.

but we only have to endure this every eight or ten years around here. At least the snow is better than the ICE storms. they are the rough ones.

pdfangus":1d3a4wyk said:
end of Dec 18 "
jan 26 14"
feb 6 12 "
feb 10 6"

total 50 " so far not counting a couple of little skiffs of snow prior to the first big one.

Last year nothing to speak of. My hay barn is getting empty too. Have bought some but too wet to get it here.

If it won't for the hurricanes and the cottonmouths I would think about moving farther south.

but we only have to endure this every eight or ten years around here. At least the snow is better than the ICE storms. they are the rough ones.
dont forget we also got tornado season coming up.... oh joy

I think it snowed a couple times back in December. But just enough to make the ground white not enough to measure.

No hurricanes, tornadoes, or poison snakes. I could count the days in my lifetime over 100 degrees or under 0 on my fingers. But because of that we are being overrun by people from the east coast, California, Texas, Florida, etc etc.

I measured nine inches plus a little more from yesterday, together with the three or so we got at Christmas, that's more snowfall than we ever get in several years in two incidents. I've never seen anything like it around here. Just lovely to look at and a pain to deal with.

2" on the ground this morning so far. It'll melt quick though - but I live in Louisiana so I won't have to deal with this weather. The 2nd snow this year, coldest winter on record in 25 years. Enough of this! Give me some 90 degree high humidity days!

cypressfarms":t48f9el1 said:
2" on the ground this morning so far. It'll melt quick though - but I live in Louisiana so I won't have to deal with this weather. The 2nd snow this year, coldest winter on record in 25 years. Enough of this! Give me some 90 degree high humidity days!
I hear that.When it is hot, I complain. When it is cold, I seriously complain.

Ryder":1aglz1kb said:
I hear that.When it is hot, I complain. When it is cold, I seriously complain.

I like that!

Here's a pic of my son throwing a snowball - I can't believe I caught it mid air - at me. Right after I snapped the pic, it hit me dead in the face. Accurate little bugger! :lol2:

snowballontheway1.jpg

It was cool. All the kids got out of school early on Thursday, out making snow angels and snow men and having snow ball fights. It was great. My son got soaked at his school but I don't recall we had anything you could play in for the past several years. We usually get this stuff that looks like snow, but it's ice and it hurts...

My yard looks like a lake. Green shoots coming up where it melted. Hoping for good pasture this spring.

We ended up with an inch or two. Didn't last long but my daughter was estatic. Eli thought it was wonderful too. He had a blast chasing snowflakes.

IMG_4088.jpg