Snow slide

Help Support CattleToday:

Dave

Reaction score
So we have a two story house with real steep roof. It is 20 feet to the eve and metal roof. A couple inches of snow and the snow slides off. This evening for a short time it snowed hard. About 3 inches in an hour and a half. The TV went down from snow on the dish. The wife said she had something to do outside so she would sweep off the dish while out there. She came back in absolutely covered in snow. I said wow it is really snowing. She said I was bombed. She was walking back along side the house and a big slide came off the roof. It hit her square. The TV worked for 20 minutes and went out again. I went out and swept off the dish and the computer dish. 20 minutes later we were down again. We waited an hour for the snow to stop before sweeping it another time.

This picture from this morning you can see how steep that roof is. It doesn't hold snow for long. It wasn't hard clumpy snow but fresh fine snow. And she was dressed for the weather. She came in the house laughing about it.

Attachments

• P2192376.JPG
    P2192376.JPG
    76.9 KB · Views: 18
I was looking at just the right time yesterday to see a slab of ice let loose and slide of the barn roof. If that thing had hit someone they might have ended up a lot worse than cold.....or permanently cold. I've been looking up ever since.

I've experienced the kinda same situation, our roofing was really steep. Anyway, it was too old already to ignore it. So, when the spring came, we immediately hired some guys to install our new slate roofing Sydney. Although I really enjoyed how the roofing looks and how steep it was, I realized that it's hard to maintain the "connection" with the world would be pretty hard. So, we have just got rid of this steep slant. I'm delighted with our roof now; it's durable, long-lasting for sure. Moreover, it's weather-resistant. I hope we wouldn't experience any issues next winter.