Smelly backside

Help Support CattleToday:

mhill

Reaction score
Is it possible for a cow to still be bred while having a infection in her uterus? She didn't bleed off, but did have some white pus on her vulva.

I wouldn't think so but anything is possible. Ypu need to get some uteran bolus's in her.

txshowmom":3cnoxhlt said:
I wouldn't think so but anything is possible. Ypu need to get some uteran bolus's in her.
I would say interuterine anything would be harmful to a pregnancy wouldn't you showmom.You know what I mean. Like the uterus...where the calf is... infront of the cervix.

mhill":28b1b5ya said:
Is it possible for a cow to still be bred while having a infection in her uterus? She didn't bleed off, but did have some white pus on her vulva.

This would be a good Question for a Vet. When I took my A.I. course we were told that if you came across pus or saw a little pus on the end of the gun to follow up behind the semen with 5cc of strait Penicillin. Was told the Penicillin wouldn't destroy the semen or the egg.

how do you know for sure she has an infection? sometimes when they've been getting a lot of service they have "run-off"

ollie":2h0kyp21 said:
txshowmom":2h0kyp21 said:
I would say interuterine anything would be harmful to a pregnancy wouldn't you showmom.You know what I mean. Like the uterus...where the calf is... infront of the cervix.

The question was is it possibel for a cow to still be bred if she has an infection in her uterus. Thats the question I answered. When they said bred I tiik it to mean the act of breeding her not that she was already bred as in carrying a calf.

Latest posts