Slow Going

Help Support CattleToday:

CKC1586

Reaction score
Is anyone else experiencing the site being very (painfully as in dial up) slow??? This has been going on for a few days for me, wondering if anyone else is having same issues?

CKC1586":2yw3w9y0 said:
Is anyone else experiencing the site being very (painfully as in dial up) slow??? This has been going on for a few days for me, wondering if anyone else is having same issues?

Yes. And this morning it won't let me highlight text and then format it.

As usual, I'm about 10 years behind the times when it comes to technology. I still have dial-up so I'm slower than most of you anyway. I haven't noticed any difference in speed, but for the past couple of weeks when I go to another page it usually skips down to the bottom instead of staying at the top. Not that big a deal, but it does get aggravating at times. Only happens on this site.

I know you are tired of hearing it, but we really are working on it. The database has multiple problems. It's huge and did not travel well from the old server. :oops:

VanC":328s4ml4 said:
As usual, I'm about 10 years behind the times when it comes to technology. I still have dial-up so I'm slower than most of you anyway. I haven't noticed any difference in speed, but for the past couple of weeks when I go to another page it usually skips down to the bottom instead of staying at the top. Not that big a deal, but it does get aggravating at times. Only happens on this site.

I have not noticed it being any slower but the skipping thing happens to me a lot.
The view active topics search usually does not work.

M Gravlee":e86kxqe9 said:
I know you are tired of hearing it, but we really are working on it. The database has multiple problems. It's huge and did not travel well from the old server. :oops:

I bet that database is really big. Just curious does any of the old posts ever get deleted or are they always stored in it?
Thanks for the forum.

There are 628,387+ posts here. We haven't deleted any in years. That's my last choice but if we can't get things fixed, we'll probably delete a few of the older years.

M Gravlee":kpvioez4 said:

I usually blame my ISP when things aren't going well. Service is sometimes erratic. I know you're going to get it working right, Macon. Not so sure about the ISP. We do have two more wireless options coming into the area, though. I'm going to check into them.

I use wireless here at the ranch. It works great! In fact it works so well and is so reliable we canceled our two AT&T lines and went with Vonage.

M Gravlee":1zi9jjut said:
The database has multiple problems. It's huge and did not travel well from the old server. :oops:

1st of all, thank you again for having this site and boards and all you put into it.

Secondly, I (safely) assumed that all the minor glitches I have been having here are for the reasons you have stated above.

Thanks for giving us an update/progress report of sorts.

Katherine

i thought the skipping to the bottom was my fault. i looked to see if i had changed something accidently. thanks for all the work you do on these boards we do appreciate them. alot of others try to copy but they don't measue up, thanks again.

Latest posts