Slides to digital

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
Raining again. I was ruammaging aorund in aa locset and found a bunch of slide projector carousels from the 70's. Cuirous if there is a method, short of projecting them on a screen and snapping a picture, of getting these slides made digital. As best I can tell they;re from the old Riverside speedway in CA and maybe some of Ontario also.

Thanks

dun for some reason I'm thinking WalMart can convert slides to pictures and maybe in the process could store the images on a CD. If not you may be able to send them to Kodak or someone like that.

Rummaging in closets is like a treasure hunt!
Yes, there are media places that provide this service. Where I go to get important pics developed, they do this. It is a privatly owwned camera shop, so the name means nothing to you I think, but there are certainly places out there that do it. Cost is more reasonable than you might think.

Thanks, never thought of wallyworld or may whalgrens. That's all that's around here short of goign to springfield

Glad to see this question posted. I'm in the same boat, but I want to know what the slides are before paying to have them converted. Can't tell much by holding them up to a light. Had a hard time finding anyone that has a slide projector, but finally found one (I think). They're not sure if it works. It is quite an adventure.

About when did the slide fad run out? By what I have, it must have been about 1960. Them was the good old days...........

Jim62":h6id2pyo said:
Glad to see this question posted. I'm in the same boat, but I want to know what the slides are before paying to have them converted. Can't tell much by holding them up to a light. Had a hard time finding anyone that has a slide projector, but finally found one (I think). They're not sure if it works. It is quite an adventure.

About when did the slide fad run out? By what I have, it must have been about 1960. Them was the good old days...........

For a real challenge, try finding a projector bulb. I was lucky that I had a spare

Yes you can. A few years ago I needed to convert a bunch of old slides so that I could use them in Powerpoint. I did some searching and found my cheapest route was to buy a flatbed scanner that had this capability. I bought a HP scanner that comes with a little prism that you insert the slide in and place on the scanner. It worked really well and the scanner was about 100 bucks. I have long lost the prism device but use the scanner all the time now to scan photographs and other documents.

Wonder if that prism thing would be something available to use with scanners other than HP ?

That whole process sounds too easy......... :D .....Gotta do some googling

I have a scanner with a frame that holds slides for scanning. Does 12 at a time.

I would scan them using 600 DPI at least for clarity, resize the image, and convert them to a lower resolution if need be.