sit boy sit

Help Support CattleToday:

show steer up

Reaction score
My son told me a story tonight that I thought I would share with all you fine people.

Last year at the fair there was a young girl that tought her steer to sit down on command :lol: .
She would hold a piece of hay in front of his face and say sit boy sit. The steer would sit :shock:
she would feed him the hay, then tickle him under his chin and say.......stand boy stand. The steer would then stand up.
Have you ever herd of anything like this? I think its great :D

Yeah, a girl that I know had way too much time on her hands and taught a steer to do it.

o.k. everyone I was thinking the same thing so I called one of my good friends. My son said her son was the one who told him he had to see it. The mom said yep, she sure did, then wondered where I was because it was the big attraction the whole week of the fair :shock: .

That's a HOOT!!!!

My daughter had a puppy dog lazy steer in 1992 that I taught to lead backwards by pulling on his tail. I lead him all around the ring by the tail in Denton, Tx in the Adult Showmanship contest at the AJMAA show.

It was only good enough for 2nd place!

AAOK, I would have really liked to see that!

So I tried... I get out there, halter, walk to the edge of the barn (his nose to the wall) drop the halter, walked to the back and grabbed his tail. Pulled. He shook his butt. I pulled again, He moo'd. I pulled again, he spun around and looked at me like "what do you think you're doin?!" Yeah, enough of that.

My steer has a trick too though- He lays down when I'm leading him and he doesn't want to walk anymore... :roll: does that count?

At county fair one year, a kid taught his steer to bow. It was pretty cool.

see :D
and people think where full of crap. Steers are just big puppy dog's :D
the only funny thing that has happened to us this year.........We have a steer named Jimmy. He is named after my brother who is a real hoot. Im walking the steer into the barn and he get's mad. Don't know why, maybe because it was me and not my kids :shock: But anyway, he stopped, looked at me, then bit me :cry2: . What a butt head :shock:

These stories are great!

I havent got much to add really.

I had a steer once that often bit me - I was glad to see him go.

Also had one that instead of kicking would paw at you with the front foot.

At the moment one of my wethers I have taught to drink solo out of the can.

And I once met a pet pig that would sit like a dog on command, then you would say "Say ahhhh" and he'd open his mouth wide and you could chuck a treat in.

One of my friends had this one steer, that apparently liked to be ridden. He would stick his head between your legs and lift you up and put you on his back. :) It scared the crap out of me when he did it to me. :oops:

My two steers from this past year were hilarious.

My bigger one would lift me off my feet, and let me sit on his back while he just stood there.

My smaller angus would lick me to death, I wouldnt be paying attention then all of a sudden his licking my legs, arms, my head when he could get to it. I will always remember these two, they were amazingly jealous of each other and made sure I knew.

I would pet one and the other would look at me like "What about me?" I would go to walk one and the other one would go bananna's in the corral (bucking and kicking) so finally towards the end I had to walk them together. Same at fair, one would go the other was right behind. I would stop and my angus would ram into the back of my bigger steer, thats how close they would be. (My mom helped walk them at home and my dad helped walk at fair)(But i got the steer that is the most stubborn all the time)

:banana: