Sisters

Help Support CattleToday:

Nesikep":1bke1m6e said:
Not only that, but your cows know you I'm sure!
Yeah, that's true. There are some ladies in the herd, which don't pay attention to me walking, but once somebody not from us three enters the pasture, they would keep quite a distance even from us. We rarely have other people walking near our cattle, so they aren't used to it. This year a vet keeps visiting more often for AI, but girls still don't trust him. There are a couple individuals, which don't really care if it's a person they know. One almost always comes to check what we are doing there.

There are identifying features about most cattle. If nothing else we tag most of ours so I know them by their tag. I almost always unless in a real hurry walk through every bunch of cattle when we check them. When I first started going down and helping her with the cattle when I got out many would leave the cake they were eating. Today most don't even move or raise their heads. I can touch most. I can't scractch all of them. They are a lot easier to handle now. Her and I do about all of the penning by ourselves. Let another person show up and they are leery.

I have some cows that love other people, and others that are totally tame with me that have a total dislike of strangers.. seems to run in the family too.