Simmental Sires?

Help Support CattleToday:

Rocket is a really good bull hes a full fleckvieh bulls also expert is full fleckvieh south american bull both are really good

Sorry I missed this thread.
Of course Dream On is the number one bull in the industry. There are tons of DO sons available AI.
I still love Ellingson Black Perfector (but not recommended for heifers).
3c Macho, Vision, Venom, JDJ Charisma, HC Hummer

I personally will be using
Blacks:
my bull Simme Valley Macho As U, Dream On (heterozygous black), El Black Perfector, Dice (or a son), 3c Macho, CircleT Antionette Star (DO son), COTT-GFI Fullback
REDS:
Rezult, SS Goldrush, Scarlet Dream, WS Beef Maker

3C Macho for sure, he is actually the only simm. bull I using since I don't have very many simms., but he also works really good on angus cross cows.

i personally think that 3c Macho works best on Angus. I have seen some of his calves out of simmi cows and was not impressed of course i think the frame of the cows were a wrong cross to use with Macho. I currently have a march heifer out of him and an angus hiefer that is GREAT.

I just bought some Hummer semen. I'd like to use him. I have one bred to him due March. I want to wait and see what the calf looks like before I breed again. We also have BullDozer and Fine Tune left. We use our herd bull if they don't tale AI.

L Weir":1rzj4ctq said:
I just bought some Hummer semen. I'd like to use him. I have one bred to him due March. I want to wait and see what the calf looks like before I breed again. We also have BullDozer and Fine Tune left. We use our herd bull if they don't tale AI.
Is that HC Hummer or his son?
I have seen 1 BullDozer heifer calf - she was a tank! Little heavier fronted than I like, but tons of volume & muscle.

We did a lot of embyo work last year, but for the cows we are AI'in and pasture breeding, we are using for a red bull Kappes Real Deal leased with Accelerated Genetics, a home-raised bull full brother to a fall heifer I showed all summer out of Preferred Beef and his calves look unreal, umm, RHS Mack Attack leased with Semex, a bull we bought from Michigan bull test, his calves look real cool, Blended Whiskey who is a half blood out of Double D BLK Chyna, Preferred Beef, 600U, BH Right Time . . . I know there is more from the flushes and what not. I know I got a trademark embryo the other day out of the fall heifer I showed this summer and that calf is real cool. Our best calves are out of that Blended Whiskey bull though.

Jeanne - Simme Valley":3n15nttl said:
L Weir":3n15nttl said:
Is that HC Hummer or his son?
I have seen 1 BullDozer heifer calf - she was a tank! Little heavier fronted than I like, but tons of volume & muscle.

That is HC Hummer. I bought the semen from the AI tech. Bulldozer my hubby picked.

Has anyone used this Duramax bull? I'd like to see a current picture of him and some offspring. Or just some feed back on him and the type of calves he throws.

This is the link to his page in the ABS book:
http://abs-bs.absglobal.com/beef/simmen ... o=29SM0365

029SM00365_Bull.jpg

certherfbeef":1259o0pm said:
Has anyone used this Duramax bull? I'd like to see a current picture of him and some offspring. Or just some feed back on him and the type of calves he throws.

Nice looking bull, has some power to him. Kind of weird that they have his publicity photo with him standing in straw. Would rather see his legs and feet better. Wonder if they are hiding something?

aplusmnt":2uci3tdp said:
certherfbeef":2uci3tdp said:

Nice looking bull, has some power to him. Kind of weird that they have his publicity photo with him standing in straw. Would rather see his legs and feet better. Wonder if they are hiding something?

I was wondering the same thing, Donald. But he is from the Dakota's where they build the big wind breaks and bed those pens up heavy. Might have been the only place they had to take the picture. Wish I knew who took that photo.