simmental bull

Help Support CattleToday:

I like his looks!! He could sure be a curve bender. What are you useing him for? (Terminal, ect.?)

paymaster.jpg

#s link
http://www.hampton-downs-simmental.com/ ... nsebvs.doc

Curve bender...right......watch the curve of your profitability go down, down, down....watch the curve of your vet and feed company go up, up, up..... :lol:

I think Signal had more white. I've still got a couple of his granddaughters.. they sure milk good. And I've never had one with bad feet.

I don't care much for fullbloods, although there is a separate organization within the Simmental breed that supports them. I've had a lot of calving problems with Fleck and Fleck influenced cattle, so prefer the "purebred" type.

It;s kind of funny that now everyone thinks that all Simmenthals are Fleckviehs. The original Simmenthals were an amalgam of breeds that all full under the same umbrella. Flecks are just one of those breeds.

dun

TheBullLady":3c9qvepa said:
I think Signal had more white.

I had meant that look, not the paint job. Looks like he could be just as cranky as Signal.

signal.jpg

NO - NO - Signal was much purdier!!! He is clean neck, not bubble butted, GREAT BULL!!! Had some super great momma cows sired by him - Signal X Achilles X Signal cows. Wow were they COWS. But that was back when I was looking for 9+ frame calves :shock:
"In Europe the breed is recognized by many different names, Amer Simm accepted: Fleckvieh in Germany; Pie Rouge, Montbeliarde and Abondance in France; and Pezzata Rosa in Italy. The SIMMENTAL name is derived from their original location, the Simme Valley of Switzerland. In German, Thal or Tal means valley, thus the name literally means "Simme Valley""

Jeanne - Simme Valley":2bm26ar2 said:
NO - NO - Signal was much purdier!!! He is clean neck, not bubble butted, GREAT BULL!!! Had some super great momma cows sired by him - Signal X Achilles X Signal cows. Wow were they COWS. But that was back when I was looking for 9+ frame calves :shock:
"In Europe the breed is recognized by many different names, Amer Simm accepted: Fleckvieh in Germany; Pie Rouge, Montbeliarde and Abondance in France; and Pezzata Rosa in Italy. The SIMMENTAL name is derived from their original location, the Simme Valley of Switzerland. In German, Thal or Tal means valley, thus the name literally means "Simme Valley""

Jean now we know were you got your Ranch name huh? :)

aplusmnt":11xap6ee said:
Jeanne - Simme Valley":11xap6ee said:

Jean now we know were you got your Ranch name huh? :)
You got it!! The secret's out :D

Which one is really correct, "thal" or "tal"? I know the supposed cavemen from the Neander valley were called "Neanderthal" all my life until a few years ago. Now all references to them call them "Neandertal". I have always seen the cattle breed as " Simmental". Dun here on this board is the only person I have ever seen call them "Simmenthal". May be a regional thing. Which is correct or are both acceptable? Inquiring minds want to know. :D

Kent":3rspa4dl said:
Which one is really correct, "thal" or "tal"? I know the supposed cavemen from the Neander valley were called "Neanderthal" all my life until a few years ago. Now all references to them call them "Neandertal". I have always seen the cattle breed as " Simmental". Dun here on this board is the only person I have ever seen call them "Simmenthal". May be a regional thing. Which is correct or are both acceptable? Inquiring minds want to know. :D

The reason I sell it that way id because that's the way I learned it when back many moons ago. I think it's pronouned tall no matter how it's spelled.

dun

Thanks Jeanne and Dun. I hate to be spelling something wrong and not know it. :lol: Anyway, the Simmental bull pictured in this thread sure looks thal. ;-)

Latest posts