*Sigh*

Help Support CattleToday:

I luv herfrds

Reaction score
Laid up for a few days.
Pulled the muscles in my lower back at work. I had thought I had slipped it out of alinement so I went to the chiropractor and he got it back in but I couldn't move off the table. Took me 20 minutes to get up with him helping. Said I had pulled or strained these muscles. Gave me a note to be off for 3 days. No walking, no standing, no lifting and ice it til it was numb.
Co-workers are not happy, nor the store manager. The owners understand. They know I do not fake illness or injuries.

At least being at home when I went to get a drink of water got to watch my daughter try to lead her 4-H steer through a gate so she could cool him off with the hose in this heat. She had to open the main gate and he finally lead through, but her Dairy heifer and my milk cow and both calves came through too. She was freaking out until I told her to relax and just get a scoop of feed and if my milk cow follows her the rest will follow her. She got them all back in the pasture. Told her to just let them eat the grass while she hoses off her steer.

Well I got clearance by the doc to go back to work on light duty. No lifting over 10 pounds nor lifting anything from floor level. Going to be on that for at least a week and go back to see him and he gave me clearance to start some stretches.

I think back to over 16 years ago and I was throwing 100 pound oat bales like nothing and I get knocked flat from strained muscles.
Getting older is h*ll.

Married 23 years, when dating I could throw a bale 6 high on a wagon, now I'm lucky to stand on the wagon and drag one off of the baler. Time the great equalizer.

Much better but still on light duty.
I can now drive and get out of my truck without back spasms.

No ambulance service til the end of the month.

Had the same thing happen to me a month ago. 2nd day I never left the bed. Over the counter muscle relaxants and Advil did the job. First time I ever took muscle relaxants and they are my go-to drug from now on with back issues.

Took a lot of Advil. Got some Tiger Balm and that helped a lot.
Did find out I cannot pick up a 20 pack of pop though. Got a little tweek yesterday trying to pick it up out of the cart.
Not even trying to pick up the 50 pound bags of feed. Daughter is on her own with those.

Aaron":1u3y83nk said:
Had the same thing happen to me a month ago. 2nd day I never left the bed. Over the counter muscle relaxants and Advil did the job. First time I ever took muscle relaxants and they are my go-to drug from now on with back issues.
What kind of OTC muscle relaxants?

Ryder":2n0nqi29 said:
Aaron":2n0nqi29 said:
Aaron is in Canada. They have OTC stuff we can't get here.

Aaron":26lo9mnv said:
the only time i ever took one , i layed down at 3 that afternoon and didnt wake up till 7 the next morning.. feeling the best i ever felt in my life.. so i didnt take anymore :cowboy:

RScott":3ja27k90 said:
Ryder":3ja27k90 said:
Aaron":3ja27k90 said:
Aaron is in Canada. They have OTC stuff we can't get here.
Oh. I remember now.
They don't have the medical profession, the pharmaceutical companies, legal profession, government, etc. to take care of them and do their thinking for them like we do. :mrgreen:

Ryder":2vzc4xlh said:
Aaron":2vzc4xlh said:

The brand name was Orfen Ace (CDN brand), it's 100mg orphenadrine tablet, twice a day. Some muscle relaxants have both orphenadrine and ibuprofen together, in reduced dosage, and usually more expensive. Pharmacist recommended taking the cheaper route, straight orphenadrine along with extra-strength ibuprofen. Cheaper and more effective to take two pills than some fancy all-in-one. Within two hours I went from bed-ridden to walking around.

Latest posts