Sick Bull

Help Support CattleToday:

DINGRAM

Reaction score
I have a bull that is having a problem with both of his eyes. There is water coming out of both of the eyes not normal. Could somebody give me a clue about what is going wrong.

Is the bull sick, or are his eyes just watering? Many things can cause an animals eyes to water. From grazing in tall grass, to excess dust blowing, playing in the hay, to standing in very cold wind, even flys..etc etc.. Unless you have other symtoms associated with the drainage like, puss, or pink colored eye, or a gray/white spot on the pupil it is probably normal, and he may just have some irritation in the eyelid. You can always give a shot of LA200 as a precaution in case it is pink eye. There are also topical ointments, dust and other treatments you can use too. Check with your local vet.

DINGRAM":hunucwe5 said:
He is not sick. The eyes are just watering a lot.

Your Subject said "Sick Bull"........???????????

SPRINGER FARMS MURRAY GRE":1rh04nv0 said:
DINGRAM":1rh04nv0 said:
Sorry for that I will just quite. Thanks for the help Wewild

As long as the eyes have drainage that is "clear"...it is probably just watering...if it was purulent and thick (yellow)...then that would be a sign of a bacterial infection. ;-) :cboy:

Thank you for the reply. It is just clear, but I hope it will be OK. Thanks a lot. Your reply makes sence.

Dingram,

Ours here are doing that right now, but we've had pretty high winds for the past 3 days, so I just attributed it to the wind. The discharge is clear, and their eyes don't seem sensitive or anything, so we've been keeping an eye (no pun intended!) on them and exercising benign neglect

also check up under the eye lid for lumps. i had a cow that eye watered for quite a while. then her eye clouded over from back to front. not pink eye, the vet lifted up eyelid it was cancer eye(hereford cow of course)

baseballfan27":3m9gjr40 said:
DINGRAM":3m9gjr40 said:
SPRINGER FARMS MURRAY GRE":3m9gjr40 said:
DINGRAM":3m9gjr40 said:
Sorry for that I will just quite. Thanks for the help Wewild

As long as the eyes have drainage that is "clear"...it is probably just watering...if it was purulent and thick (yellow)...then that would be a sign of a bacterial infection. ;-) :cboy:

Thank you for the reply. It is just clear, but I hope it will be OK. Thanks a lot. Your reply makes sence.

You are very welcome, Dingram! Glad we can assistance you! Welcome to the board. Its an rough crowd here but just ignore the roughness and find an good, positive post to read!

I don't think he was talking to you . Looks like he was talking to Springer Farms.

Why don't you post a picture of your cattle ?????

Dingram, I have an Angus heifer that does the same thing. I think she sticks her head into the round hay bales with her eyes open. I do not like the way it looks, but she seems to be OK. I am hoping after hay season, it will go away.

baseballfan27":lutxkbxl said:
Its an rough crowd here but just ignore the roughness and find an good, positive post to read!

Baseball fan, ya really think this is a rough crowd????????????

george

Latest posts