Show Team on the go.

Help Support CattleToday:

Australian

Reaction score
Northern New England Region, Tenterfield NSW Austr
Been busy getting my next years show team organised. Will have a largish team again. Will have 2 senior and 3 junior South Devon bulls. 1 South Devon cow and calf and 2 senior heifers and 1 junior heifer. The Brahman team will be all juniors 5 junior bulls and 4 junior heifers. I always try and have a sires progeny group in each of the breeds. Might have a lead steer as well. A purebred South Devon.
Our show circuit starts the end of January and goes through till early May.
Colin

Sounds like a nice show string and a lot of fun to look forward to. Good Luck

We are taking 9 head to Louisville KY to the North American International Livestock Expo on Thursday. 3 bulls and 6 heifers.

Sounds like you will be very busy! I can't imagine showing in January here in Maine...brr! Good luck at your shows!!

I wouldn't much like to show here in Winter either. Our show circuit starts in Mid Summer and ends mid Autumn. The shows in Australia that are in Winter are in the tropical north down to Brisbane. 300 kilometres is usually about as far north as we go but next year we may venture to Beef 2009 in Rockhampton about 900 ks away to our north. About 200ks to our south is as far south we go. Depends on if there happens to be a "feature show". Our team is doing well. The bulls and steer are on the way. Only have the heifers to sort out now.They are having the day off tomorrow. I'm having the day off too. Going to spend some money on my garden. Buy a few more plants and a few pavers to do some more landscaping.
Colin

Latest posts