Show Steer

Help Support CattleToday:

kaneranch

Reaction score
I am looking for a show steer that was born in september or october of last year, + or - a month. I live in northeast oklahoma if any one could point me in the right direction I would really apprciate it. Thanks Kaneranch

I would think your best bet is to start contacting all the Ag Ed teachers you can locate. There are going to be some kids that bought Fall borns in the Spring, and now have decided they don't want to show. Since you're in NE OK, go to the steer show in Tulsa and ask around for anybody who has an OKC steer they might sell. You can find one if you're persistant. Good luck.

cowboy13":1deo9qzb said:
Oklahoma must be different than in Texas because we already have our calves tagged in and you can't change them. All you can get now in Texas is Spring borns and I'm gonna guess that if someone went this long already with a fall born then they are gonna keep it.

Same here.

cowboy13":20qojweo said:
Oklahoma must be different than in Texas because we already have our calves tagged in and you can't change them. All you can get now in Texas is Spring borns and I'm gonna guess that if someone went this long already with a fall born then they are gonna keep it.

He is looking for an Oklahoma City aged calf for next spring. They won't be taged for another month, and besides that, probably 75% of those steers exhibited right now at the county fairs won't even enter for OKC. There will be lots of them already started that will be turned out because of lack of interest. He just has to have the determination to find one.

Latest posts