Show results!

Help Support CattleToday:

Grand Chaser

Reaction score
i did great this year at my fair. i placed first in my class and won senior grooming. heres a few pics of us in grooming i don't have any good ones of me in the show. he weighed 1096 too.

groomingdude047400.jpg

groomingdude045350.jpg

groomingdude020350.jpg

groomingdude017350.jpg

groomingdude03735.jpg

so how do ya'll think he looked??

he had alot of hair and he was out of Kadabra. He had the worst appetite out of any of my steers other than my WMW. my friends boyfreind helped me with clipping him but i had to do it myself. it was the south west fl & lee county fair. Amanda Mardis won the show w/ her blue roan short horn and hilary Webb got reserve.

Grand Chaser":3695al80 said:
he had alot of hair and he was out of Kadabra. He had the worst appetite out of any of my steers other than my WMW.

I also had a Kadabra (well last year) and he had the worst appetite too! He went to fair and only weighed 1083...makes me wonder if its a Kadabra thing?!?

Great job. He looked really good!! :D

Grand Chaser":2i2cxvct said:
he had alot of hair and he was out of Kadabra. He had the worst appetite out of any of my steers other than my WMW. my friends boyfreind helped me with clipping him but i had to do it myself. it was the south west fl & lee county fair. Amanda Mardis won the show w/ her blue roan short horn and hilary Webb got reserve.

kadabras do throw a lot of hair......it was terminal show right? if so how were the bidders? and the Webbs steer was a brocle with white on his underline right?

Colorado 2008 it might be a kadabra thing.
Richburg 102 Yes it was a terminal show. and he had a ton of hair but he had awesome lines to work with too. This year the bidding was low... i'm not sure what the average was but alot of the steer kids got $3 a lb i got $5 a lb. and yes The Webbs calf was black and had a white face and white belly. She had said he won a few prospect shows also.

Grand Chaser":3cvnob8z said:
Colorado 2008 it might be a kadabra thing.
Richburg 102 Yes it was a terminal show. and he had a ton of hair but he had awesome lines to work with too. This year the bidding was low... i'm not sure what the average was but alot of the steer kids got $3 a lb i got $5 a lb. and yes The Webbs calf was black and had a white face and white belly. She had said he won a few prospect shows also.

3 dollars is really good up here in volusia we usually have good bidders that go from 2.50 to 3.50 ....but this year is was low...most were 2 and below......i got lucky and got like 2.75.....the year i won GC i broke the record and got 6.35 a lb

how much did grand and reserve get?

yall get pretty good prices there i think besides last years price were grand got $5.00 lb i hold there record for steer prices at $3.00 lb and i got that almost 3 years ago its really crazy here nobody sends out buyers letters anymore we got about a month or so till fair ive sent out over 200 buyers letters in hopes that it will help . really great job with your steer .

cattle gal where do you show?? because i went to watch my friend show and sale at the citrus festivle and they all went low. j/w. and thank you all about the steer i just wished he would've ate and weighed 1200 because the judge said it would've been a totaly diffrent outcome. but theres always next year!!

Grand Chaser":3czzuzsb said:
cattle gal where do you show?? because i went to watch my friend show and sale at the citrus festivle and they all went low. j/w. and thank you all about the steer i just wished he would've ate and weighed 1200 because the judge said it would've been a totaly diffrent outcome. but theres always next year!!

i heard shawna newsome won the citrus festival but how low were the prices? what was it like because i was thinking on going there next year because my county fair just went to a blow and go

i show out of hernando county with my steer i show and sell there and then show all around prospect shows with my heifers and steers

Latest posts