Show Questions?

Help Support CattleToday:

Red Angus Ali

Reaction score
Hi this is my second year showing red angus cattle and this year im going to our state fair and i will be showing a heifer. I really don't know what kind of questions for showmanship that i will be asked. Does anyone have suggestions? Thanks for your imput. :D

Some questions that I have been asked.
What is one thing you could change about your animal?
What is the best feature of this animal?
What is the dress percentage of a market steer?
What is the birthdate of your animal? Is she bred? To what bull? Why that bull? When is she due?
How much do you feed, and of what?
What is your daily rotuine with this heifer?

If you dont know the answer, and can't make an EDUCATED guess...tell the judge that you dont know.
Look the judge in the eye.
Be confidant, not cocky.
Stand up straight! DONT slouch.

I have had a judge ask all of the questions listed above I have also had one judge ask what a EPD was, how many stomachs they have, so prepare yourself. Practice at home an learn everything you can about cattle. ALi is right about looking them in the eye. Good Luck!

A friend of ours was asked:
what are the strong points of the breed and what needs improvement with the breed.

Along these lines... How do ya'll feel about questions regarding EPD's or How many stomachs they have or What are the strong points of the breed or how many ribs do they have or stuff along those lines... ?? Like, dislike, dont care, ???

Latest posts