Show me some Culls!

Help Support CattleToday:

Beefy

Reaction score
I'm tired of seeing everybodys pride and joy. whos on the next train out of there?

heres some of mine:
Picture_1706.jpg

(skipped a calving season and has a balloon teat) almost 11 years old

Picture_1372.jpg

her mama. two front balloon teats are completely nonfunctional now. other than that she is highly fertile and always has a calf before i can get her sold. shes 13 (this is the one that was down for 2 weeks, paralyzed from calving as a heifer shortly after i first started messing with cows)

Picture_1651.jpg

the one on the left (7 years old) is basically a bull, lol. she should have a calf sometime today or tomorrow though. the one on the right (11 years) skipped a season and her udder is getting a little questionable.

Picture_1375.jpg

this beefmaster x charolais raises calves bigger than she is but doesnt breed back on time. (11 years old)

Picture_1279.jpg

this beefmaster x limousin is completely gentle. caustic could walk out in the pasture and give her treat and scratch her withers at the same time. but shes also 13 and slipping.
(will be 14 soon)

cows.JPG

The "roach back" at the water bowl, and her calf this year at side, a nice calf, I figure she is 6-7. Delivered dead twins first year after a hefty purchase price but did raise a bottle calf who has also calved now. This calf I don't think would be alive if we had not been there. She went nuts after deliverly and knocked it down every time it tried to rise, it appeared she wanted to kill him, she should calf in march so hummmm... should we keep her and see if she kills the calf or ummmm....
donna

edited...she really does have the a big rear.. she's in the photo gallery so you can check it out...she is the first to take a ride...when is the answer

Beefy I got a couple to put wheels under but no pictures. I can't get a picture of one of them because she charges me so fast I gotta get out of the way. :shock:

~

Beefy,

Whats the age of your culls ?
Could you include the age in your description.

When you say the cow is starting to slip...what does it mean ?
( "shes also 13 and slipping." )

Tripping ? Sagging ?

randiliana":g5d3qc7c said:
sidney411":g5d3qc7c said:
I think he means by slipping she is not breeding back on time.

or her calves are not getting as big as they used to ie she is not milking as much.

slow breeding back, late calving anyway, calves arent growing as big, cant keep condition, bad teeth i figure..

CowCop":2b75bjue said:
~

Beefy,

Whats the age of your culls ?
Could you include the age in your description.

When you say the cow is starting to slip...what does it mean ?
( "shes also 13 and slipping." )

Tripping ? Sagging ?

edited.

I've tried to put some pics on lately but my computer won't load them to the photo gallery, think the computer has issues.

cfpinz

cfpinz, if at first you dont succeed, try try again.

i have 23 of those 13 fixin to be 14s that probably ought to go pretty soon. but i'm trying to get a few beefmaster heifers out of the better ones before i send them packing. most of them have still got at least 3 good calves in them.

Sold this cow a couple years ago, Balloon teat. Still bred back and raised a good calf every year, I was tired of looking at her. She was 10 when she went to town. Retained the only 2 heifers she threw.
tootall.jpg

This cow was 12. Sold for lack of milk the last time she calved. AND she was flat out mean. Weight on the sale barn ticket was 1505 after she had lost near 300 lbs due to being sick after calving.
IMG_1780.jpg

Sold this one the same day as the top one. She was 5. That is the picture taken just as she was heading toward the trailer. She had one good heifer and 2 sets of twins. She raised both sets of twins just fine. I hated everything about that cow. Right down to her pedigree. Yes James, she was a Feltons. The reason she went to the sale...no one was there to tell me no. Now, I don't get to load sale cattle by myself anymore
:roll:
Karen.jpg

certs, did you have any teat troubles out of the daughters of #1. #2 looks mean and kind of masculine. poor number 3 didnt even do anything wrong! i bet number 1 was a good cow.

"The reason she went to the sale...no one was there to tell me no. Now, I don't get to load sale cattle by myself anymore"

Thats why my wife NEVER gets to load ever.
I wouldnt have a cow left....
She keeps saying she would trade any of em for a couch.

MD

HPIM0189.jpg

Sold him for more $ then I bought him for because he liked the neighbors cows better then mine.

The HH cow was sold because 1. had cancer eye 2. had a corn between her back claws that the vet estimated would take more money to fix then she brought at auction.

Beefy":tzdpines said:
randiliana":tzdpines said:
sidney411":tzdpines said:
I think he means by slipping she is not breeding back on time.

or her calves are not getting as big as they used to ie she is not milking as much.

slow breeding back, late calving anyway, calves arent growing as big, cant keep condition, bad teeth i figure..

Thank you for the explanation Cert, Randilla & Beefy.

Let me go search for some cull photos.

Beefy":1hocna8s said:
certs, did you have any teat troubles out of the daughters of #1. #2 looks mean and kind of masculine. poor number 3 didnt even do anything wrong! i bet number 1 was a good cow.

Beefy number 1 was a good cow in her day. So was #2 for that matter.

No udder problems as of yet in the daughters of #1. They are 6 and the boss cow and the other one is 3.

Never got a daughter raised out of the mean cow. Had one that got to yearling age but we lost her in a freak accident.

sidney411":1glqnzar said:
Sold him for more $ then I bought him for because he liked the neighbors cows better then mine.

The HH cow was sold because 1. had cancer eye 2. had a corn between her back claws that the vet estimated would take more money to fix then she brought at auction.

If that HH was the only game on your ranch, I'd jump the fence too. :lol:

Have a couple that we should cull and I try to avoid taking Susie on buying trips for the opposite reason...she wants a full trailer. Was trying to phase out the herfs but she keeps on buying heifers...just can't say no to that woman.
Should cull old boss cow, at least 15 and has one coke bottle on her bag; but she breds back right on time and drops a big healthy calf 283 days later like clock work.
One of Susie's herfs has a real hatchet butt but her calf is a real nice red baldy heifer...we'll see how the AI to a herf looks this spring...could be a keeper....oh darn.
Just my two bits worth....DMc
cattle02-06sadiescalf035.jpg