show calves

Help Support CattleToday:

bigbull338

Reaction score
i had a nice visit yesterday with a friend of mine thats a 1st year ag teacher.he came out to look at my reg heifers and see how meny show prospects i had.we found 2 reg heifers for sure that would work.plus 1 possable calf if she is out of a reg cow.he got to see 2 reg cows that i bought off him a few years ago.i ended up selling him 1 of his old cows back because she is late calving this year.he got lucky as she is heavy bred.so he will get a calf from her.

bigbull338":2cy1dl83 said:
i had a nice visit yesterday with a friend of mine thats a 1st year ag teacher.he came out to look at my reg heifers and see how meny show prospects i had.we found 2 reg heifers for sure that would work.plus 1 possable calf if she is out of a reg cow.he got to see 2 reg cows that i bought off him a few years ago.i ended up selling him 1 of his old cows back because she is late calving this year.he got lucky as she is heavy bred.so he will get a calf from her.
I hope you charged him for the unborn calf.

why would i do that.she will most likely calve before he picks her up.the only thing that kept her from going to the sale is its to wet to get a trailer in.plus the fact we noticed she was springing.

bigbull338":2s8hj6bi said:
why would i do that.she will most likely calve before he picks her up.the only thing that kept her from going to the sale is its to wet to get a trailer in.plus the fact we noticed she was springing.
You said she was heavy bred and he would get the calf off her. I guess if she calves there she's yours yet the calf will nurse and be raised by his cow?? how does all this work??

he gets the calf.i kinda hated selling her back to him since she is a show came producer.but i follow my rule.i know he will keep her till she dies.

bigbull338":1vav7uq1 said:
he gets the calf.i kinda hated selling her back to him since she is a show came producer.but i follow my rule.i know he will keep her till she dies.

Don't worry TB. I'm officially confused as well. This didnt make it any clearer. :oops: :help:

ok maybe i didnt make it clear for yall.once a cow gets a certain age and they miss calving for the year they go to the sale.this cow is 30 days late now but she is springing now.so she will have a calf.i assumed she was open and was going to cull her. i had to sell my herd bull 2wks ago.and if she wouldve came up then she wouldve been sold at the sametime.

artesianspringsfarm":2cr18hgb said:
bigbull338":2cr18hgb said:

Don't worry TB. I'm officially confused as well. This didnt make it any clearer. :oops: :help:

He keeps her til she dies.....yet he's the same guy he bought her from? :shock: :shock: :shock: :???: :???: :???:

yes because he has sentamentle attachment to her.thats why he wanted to buy her back.

Latest posts