Shop Lighting???

Help Support CattleToday:

Bigfoot

Reaction score
Soon be time for shop lighting. In my other barns, I utilize 300 watt light bulbs. This will have 16' ceilings. Don't see gravity challenged me getting up there to change them. Toying with the Idea of 300 watt bulbs mounted about 10" up the wall. Probably put one on every other post. Not a huge fan of florescent, but have never had the LED lights that look like florescent. Open to any and all recomendations. 60' x 40' 16' ceiling.

Soon be time for shop lighting. In my other barns, I utilize 300 watt light bulbs. This will have 16' ceilings. Don't see gravity challenged me getting up there to change them. Toying with the Idea of 300 watt bulbs mounted about 10" up the wall. Probably put one on every other post. Not a huge fan of florescent, but have never had the LED lights that look like florescent. Open to any and all recomendations. 60' x 40' 16' ceiling.
Definitely go with an LED, you can get 300 watt equivalent using only 100 watts. LED is a brighter light and will last longer. I think if you only put lights around the perimeter that it will be dark in the middle.

I'd put 6 LED Hi-Bays hanging on a cable run to a pulley mounted on your posts so you can let them down if you need to replace one. Get the type with a plug cord and mount a cord reel above so the wire will let down with them and roll back up when they go back up. Tie a knot in the cord ends so it don't come unhooked as it comes down. I know that's a pretty extravagant system but you wouldn't have to worry about getting up high to work on the lights and you'd have plenty of light.

We put in high bay T5 6 lamp fluorescent in our shop, 16' ceiling. Way cheaper to buy than LED, excellent light. I'm guessing a little more expensive to run than LED, but the lights are only on when we are in there.

Definitely go with an LED, you can get 300 watt equivalent using only 100 watts. LED is a brighter light and will last longer. I think if you only put lights around the perimeter that it will be dark in the middle.
I had wondered. Each would need to spray about 20'.

Just built similar building. Used led and wouldn't use anything else. Don't let these electric companies tell you what u need. You will get twice that as I did and it dollars. A lot depends on placement. Where cabinets are, work benches, etc. I'm thinking for you three on each side and two in the middle.
again strategically placed is prime. Hope this helps.

Latest posts