She's done it again @#$@#

Help Support CattleToday:

Nesikep

Reaction score
Well, to give you a history of this cow...

Her mother aborted 2 sets of twins, both times late in pregnancy, both times we were going to send her on the truck, and both times she adopted an orphan calf and was pregnant in the fall, so we were forced to keep her

Now her daughter didn't calf this spring, so when first cut came around, I cut some stuff I never normally cut... pure speargrass (in your socks, it's like brome on steroids) and we decided to feed her til the fall and butcher her (we even found a buyer for her), and just this week she's showing us that she's indeed pregnant (we took the bull out in january) so she decided to get bred back at the last possible instant... BTW never showed that she was in heat all summer, so we assumed she was bred...

Now that the stack of speargrass hay is down to about 5 bales, (and the truck to the sale barn leaves on monday in a week) she must have seen it as a 'timer' on her life and well, I guess we're stuck feeding her over winter! By next week (shipping time) she'll probably have it

And the next week you need to put wheels under her and her calf (s) without fail.
SL

Shipped, sold! $1,080... could have been a hundred bucks higher I think, but oh well, we don't have to worry about her anymore... shoulda seen the little guy get shipped, since he couldn't be with the others, he was stuffed into a large dog kennel