Shame

Help Support CattleToday:

MrGale said:
I have had two real "mentors" in my lifetime, and both were informative and helpful, but after hearing the same question a dozen times they would both go cold. Guess they figured that i needed to learn that one on my own. They were both sort of gruff and down to earth, but taught me more than i could ever have learned on my own in a lifetime. Caustic is a hard man who has had a hard life, but if you wade through the hard there is a lot to learn. I listened to him in the past and darn well intend to continue.... just hope
  • all the bad mouthing don't run him off.[/quote
[/list]] are you kidding he eats this stuff like candy ;-)

certherfbeef":17pzm5i8 said:
C HOLLAND":17pzm5i8 said:
warpaint":17pzm5i8 said:
Mycows":17pzm5i8 said:
warpaint":17pzm5i8 said:
Sounds like these ideas may have merit. Think I'll quit my job and go into the blanket for cattle business. :roll:
Hey Warpaint, can I have the Northeastern Sales District in that cattle blanket business? ....Dennis

I'll sure keep you in mind Dennis! Working with my lawyers to start patents. As soon as the distribution centers are set up, I'll give you a call at BR549. ;-)

I am a real good price negotiator, can I do the purchasing of your material needs.

Someone has beat ya'll to it.
http://www.valleyvet.com/GetThumbnail.a ... =200&H=300

Dadblast it all!!! :mad: :mad: :lol:

C HOLLAND":3js198th said:
warpaint":3js198th said:
Mycows":3js198th said:
warpaint":3js198th said:
Sounds like these ideas may have merit. Think I'll quit my job and go into the blanket for cattle business. :roll:
Hey Warpaint, can I have the Northeastern Sales District in that cattle blanket business? ....Dennis

I'll sure keep you in mind Dennis! Working with my lawyers to start patents. As soon as the distribution centers are set up, I'll give you a call at BR549. ;-)

I am a real good price negotiator, can I do the purchasing of your material needs.

I do allot of sourcing in China. I can get these steer blankets for a fraction of the price. Maybe me and Ol' C HOLLAND can take a purchasing trip into China together. We might find a way to outsource all of our farm supply needs ;-)

HOSS":3vp4dg8q said:
I do allot of sourcing in China. I can get these steer blankets for a fraction of the price. Maybe me and Ol' C HOLLAND can take a purchasing trip into China together. We might find a way to outsource all of our farm supply needs ;-)

What about American jobs that are lost. Karl cared about good Americans.

Sometime back i posted a question regarding broken mouth cows, and wanting to know what I could feed them.
well CB and i had words regarding his statements to me.
I went back and reread my question after he said a couple of things and darned if the way I worded it confused me as to what I really wanted answered. His advice was right on!
THANKS CB :D
You have my vote of confidence

Seems like alot of people on the pages want to be liked. I guess it's nice if you are:).. i read the boards a few times a week and use it as a learning tool... and am not compelled to ask a question every time i have a problem, probably would not listen to the advise anyway.. most time you have to go with the flow...but also way too many politics here for me to ask any of you..."any of you" not just cb for advise. Im sure many "silents" here feel the same way. Please make this a friendly place for beginners. Luckly we are only a 7 year beginner. Donna

If anyone else started this post it would have been over and forgotten already.So thanks CB cause this is gettin good.CB reminds me of an ol uncle of mine. A mind full of knowledge and a life full of experience. Always good advice with no candy coating, just straight to the point. I respect that. One more thing, stirring the pot once in a while isnt a bad thing either. jp

Wewild":2vjkqv37 said:
HOSS":2vjkqv37 said:

What about American jobs that are lost. Karl cared about good Americans.

Hoss, I will pass on the China trip and as for as outsourcing anything, I am DEFINATELY AGAINST IT,,,,whatever happened to good old American Know HOW,,,,keep the work here, Wal-Mart is the best at bringing in the off shore JUNK ( DONT GET ME STARTED :roll: ) I prefer to keep the work right here in the good old USA.

There is a hole in my knowledge bucket. I read as fast as I can but I forget it faster than I retain it.

I have to admit that I remember from experiences better then I remember from reading.

I think beginners too, need to post their new found knowledge once in a while. It may help someone and if they are a little off, then we all benefit from the correction.

Real cattle people like to disagree once in a while. It leads to discussion and discussion is a sign of mutual respect. Sometimes its fun to twist a tail or get one twisted.

It's a shame for sure now, because the person who started this post, to stir up some crap, MR. CB, is now reading about the blankets, n trip to china, and the I'm sorry's. Maybe he knows more than this one or that one, including myself. That still has no bearing on his remarks to many, many people who just kindly asked for some information. It doesn't matter to me who lets it bother them, but I have no use for the {HIGH AND MIGHTY, SUCH A ROUGH LIFE, KNOW IT ALL, AND THEN SOME. SO RESPECTED. } CB. He is no more man than anyone else to myself, but his opinions seem to thrill some. This person may have some knowlege, but respect for others is lacking. I will never say, I'm sorry about this either. I think a few spoke thier minds, and were very much right. My hats off to those. Have a great day, and may God bless you and yours.

tryinhard.

tryinhard":lqaxnnf1 said:
It's a shame for sure now, because the person who started this post, to stir up some crap, MR. CB, is now reading about the blankets, n trip to china, and the I'm sorry's. Maybe he knows more than this one or that one, including myself. That still has no bearing on his remarks to many, many people who just kindly asked for some information. It doesn't matter to me who lets it bother them, but I have no use for the {HIGH AND MIGHTY, SUCH A ROUGH LIFE, KNOW IT ALL, AND THEN SOME. SO RESPECTED. } CB. He is no more man than anyone else to myself, but his opinions seem to thrill some. This person may have some knowlege, but respect for others is lacking. I will never say, I'm sorry about this either. I think a few spoke thier minds, and were very much right. My hats off to those. Have a great day, and may God bless you and yours.

tryinhard.

Well my old neighbor gives respect to those that deserve respect. If you didn't get it more than likely didn't have it coming.
Ole CB can throw a piece of bait and catch cry babies every cast.
Now we are through talking about your crying has anyone seen Cattle Rack lately, man that guy could write.
Love to read his poetry as well.

Campground Cattle":1qvcmecg said:
tryinhard":1qvcmecg said:

tryinhard.

Now that is funny and True!

AngusLimoX":1a8fp5mw said:
Campground Cattle":1a8fp5mw said:

Haven't seen you participating in here much lately camp.

Need a hand gettin that hook outta your yap?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Been busy tryin to get that refinery up from Rita working a lot.

Campground Cattle":2zr54avv said:
tryinhard":2zr54avv said:

tryinhard.

Well my old neighbor gives respect to those that deserve respect. If you didn't get it more than likely didn't have it coming.
Now we are through talking about your crying has anyone seen Cattle Rack lately, man that guy could write.

Sure would feel good to have my keester smooched like THAT now and then. Not here and not by these slugs, but hey...

Jake":2a9hzzf8 said:
I know for a fact that Texan got his fill of the BS along with several others...
:lol: I do get tired of the pet cow crap, Jake. That's a fact. I think a lot of us get tired of that. But my main problem is just the crowd. It's getting way too crowded around here for me. I remember when I could read all of the posts that were done here over a day's time in just an hour or two. Now, I can't hardly even find a thread from one night to the next and I don't remember the last time that I read every post.

I also remember a couple of years ago thinking that if the Cattle Today Boards ever got to 500 registered users, that it would be too crowded. Look at it now---over 4,500. If there is such a thing as being too successful, Macon might have done it here.

However, I'm still glad that newcomers have a place to learn. And this is probably the best place for a newcomer to learn something about cattle. I still hate to see questions go unanswered, but I also hate to see some of the questions that get asked. Some are just ridiculous, as if cattle are housepets instead of food animals.

I sure understand CB's frustration. There seems to be way too many people coming around here that have a chip on their shoulder and just look for things to get their feelings hurt over. Many of these people are just exactly like the damm city people that move to the country. They move out here to get out of the city and because they like it out here. Then the first thing you know, they want to try to change things. I never have understood that......

Texan":2s518eqj said:
Jake":2s518eqj said:
I know for a fact that Texan got his fill of the BS along with several others...
:lol: I do get tired of the pet cow crap, Jake. That's a fact. I think a lot of us get tired of that. But my main problem is just the crowd. It's getting way too crowded around here for me. I remember when I could read all of the posts that were done here over a day's time in just an hour or two. Now, I can't hardly even find a thread from one night to the next and I don't remember the last time that I read every post.

I also remember a couple of years ago thinking that if the Cattle Today Boards ever got to 500 registered users, that it would be too crowded. Look at it now---over 4,500. If there is such a thing as being too successful, Macon might have done it here.

However, I'm still glad that newcomers have a place to learn. And this is probably the best place for a newcomer to learn something about cattle. I still hate to see questions go unanswered, but I also hate to see some of the questions that get asked. Some are just ridiculous, as if cattle are housepets instead of food animals.

I sure understand CB's frustration. There seems to be way too many people coming around here that have a chip on their shoulder and just look for things to get their feelings hurt over. Many of these people are just exactly like the damm city people that move to the country. They move out here to get out of the city and because they like it out here. Then the first thing you know, they want to try to change things. I never have understood that......

:lol: :clap: Texan I believe I must completely agree with you. I have no problem with any one person on the board I just feel as if we've lost a lot of good information and knowledge on the board due to nonsense and the constant abuse. It's basicly the old "posse" that has left or are in and out. This is a very sad thing as this group was the main group of expertise for many years and much of that now is lost because when a tried and true veteran posts something they are abused and contradicted by somebody who doesn't have the faintest idea.

Like I said, don't mean to run anybody down, or to run the boards down I just think that because of the bickering and abuse a lot of information is lost to PMs and silence.

Jake

Rogerwilco":29xf17jm said:
Campground Cattle":29xf17jm said:
tryinhard":29xf17jm said:

tryinhard.

Sure would feel good to have my keester smooched like THAT now and then. Not here and not by these slugs, but hey...

I wouldn't say that to Camp face to face if you ever get a chance to meet, thats a big boy. If you did I would suggest having a good proctologist on call to remove that boot out of your butt.

Caustic Burno":3duptiq0 said:
Rogerwilco":3duptiq0 said:
Campground Cattle":3duptiq0 said:
tryinhard":3duptiq0 said:

tryinhard.

I wouldn't say that to Camp face to face if you ever get a chance to meet, thats a big boy. If you did I would suggest having a good proctologist on call to remove that boot out of your butt.

Might be the last thing he hears is Rogerwilco out! :lol:

Latest posts