shade

Help Support CattleToday:

rm987

Reaction score
my ffa advisors make me courantine after every show i go to and they wont let me put up shade which is makin her loose hair wat should i do to get shade

I have read several of your posts, and have come to this conclusion: the problem may be associated with your communication skills. I think your best alternative is to visit with your Counselor about dropping your Ag Ed class. Ask if you may enroll in additional Grammer, Spelling, and Writing classes.

i would tell them to bite there bum and hang at least some shade cloth tell them they will get heat stress and then get sick and they will have to pay the vet bill that should change there minds works for me :lol:

To AAOK A LOT of your post have been really RUDE.
I feel sorry for the people who have to do what the AG teacher says, I think its a good thing if your school has a school barn. But you should get to take care of your calf the way you see fit, as long as it is being done right and not couseing problems for someone esle. Good luck hope everything works out. If you can wash her off as much as you can an get some fans with mister on them to help, an if I were you I'd put some type of shade off , if it was a trap. If they didn't like that I would move my calf to my house, if you have a place to keep it, and they could just deal with it or get mad. ;-)

ya there morons and i will put up shade or talk to my principal and ya next year im dooing 4h and my advisors hav like the worst rep in county

Maineshowgirl":23va69cx said:

I never intend to be rude. My posts are to offer advice based on personal experience. Not rude; just honest!

Concerning this post by rm987, it is NEVER appropriate to refer to a teacher or 4-H/FFA advisor as a Moron. I firmly believe that if rm987 does not respect the instruction of the Advisors, the best thing to do is, to get out. I simply offered an alternative which appeared to be an educational necessity.

AAOK":21rdo6cu said:
Maineshowgirl":21rdo6cu said:

I never intend to be rude. My posts are to offer advice based on personal experience. Not rude; just honest!

Concerning this post by rm987, it is NEVER appropriate to refer to a teacher or 4-H/FFA advisor as a Moron. I firmly believe that if rm987 does not respect the instruction of the Advisors, the best thing to do is, to get out. I simply offered an alternative which appeared to be an educational necessity.
Agents/Advisors are in charege for a reason and it's not to be questioned/called names by teenagers who have no mastery of the English language. :roll:

rm987":3reaa09j said:
ya there morons and i will put up shade or talk to my principal and ya next year im dooing 4h and my advisors hav like the worst rep in county

As an old man I find it interesting that you are so prepared to speak so harshly about people who may actually spend a lot of their time helping and receiving little or no compensation.

And from the sound of it possibly very little thanks.

About 35 years ago I asked a young lady if she always talked about people like that. She told me to *&^%$ off.

Interesting that I ran into her about a year ago - she apologized.

It did make me feel pretty good.

She admitted that after many years of being a "person of attitude" she did grow up and come to the realization that it was her that was the problem, NOT the advisor (me).

She also mentioned that the day she did this had bothered her for many years.

Her life has changed dramatically for the better.

Lovely woman with a fine husband and grown children.

I even got a very public hug and kiss that made this old fashioned guy red as a fire truck. :oops:

I admit she made my day very nicely.

Regards,

Bez>

well wen they say u can use shade before u go and then change their mind wen u get back and also always telling you they dont want u in the group it kinda hurts i won my showmanship and they didnt even say good job but the other kid got 2nd and they praised him like a god

rm987":19ven8fy said:
well wen they say u can use shade before u go and then change their mind wen u get back and also always telling you they dont want u in the group it kinda hurts i won my showmanship and they didnt even say good job but the other kid got 2nd and they praised him like a god

FFA and 4H is one of the best educations you will ever get.
You must learn to deal with the attitudes of others as well as learn to control your own.
These things that are happening to you now may seem very important now but you will look back later in life you will see that they were just part of growing up.
You must learn to take things like this with a smile and not let them hurt you. The people that do these things probably do not realize they are hurting you.
Here is a little trick that I learned years ago. When I want someones respect I ask them a lot of questions, smile at them, show them respect. It is human nature that they do the same in return. When you show them a bad attitude it is human nature that they reply the same way.
Good luck, and look in the mirror and smile, you'll feel better.

I never knew that advisers had so much control over kids projects until I started reading this show board. Even had some where they had to buy at a specific sale or group.

Around here in this part of the country, people buy and take care of their animals their self. Some FFA advisers are more active than others. Some will help the kids with their animals and some really do not show much interest in them.

But even though some schools do have chapter farms, it is mostly the city kids that keep their animals their. Anyone that lives in the rural keeps and takes care of their animals themselves with only as much Advisor input as you wish to ask for.

rm987":34587fla said:
Maybe they don't like you because you call folks names among other things, and question the authority of your superiors.

I never knew that advisers had so much control over kids projects until I started reading this show board. Even had some where they had to buy at a specific sale or group.

Around here in this part of the country, people buy and take care of their animals their self. Some FFA advisers are more active than others. Some will help the kids with their animals and some really do not show much interest in them.

But even though some schools do have chapter farms, it is mostly the city kids that keep their animals their. Anyone that lives in the rural keeps and takes care of their animals themselves with only as much Advisor input as you wish to ask for.
Most of the time it is because the FFAers do not own all or any of the animal they are exhibiting.

I know I didn't know that the tearchers had so much control over the show team and there animals. All the schools in my area don't have show barns for the kids. The kids go buy and keep the animal at there house or at a friends house. But we don't go to one sale to buy everyone the same type of calf. But most of the time, it depens on who you go though and if you know what your doing, but must of the time you get to pick where you wan't to buy from. But there the most comp in the show lambs, because the ag tearcher was getting good lambs for his kids but his jock was sale the schools kids who wan'ted to show lambs bad lambs. Good luck