Service Call

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
People always amaze me. I figured when I wasn't plowing I would fix peoples plows they tore up. I had my number on my trucks for mobile welding. I got a call from a fool asking me how much I charge I tell him my service call fees and he proceeds to tell me i just need this and that. I said i understand that however I can't use my stuff and drive 45 mins for under my service call fee. He asks me to come out and cut and weld a piece.. Tack Weld it till he can get home and try to fix it for $50.00 I said sir thanks for your call but .. NO I said just how your trying to make money so am I. What is wrong with people?

People are basically stupid. They do not consider the consequences of their actions. A little bit of honey catches a lot of flies. I always pay what any company wants if they are willing to come out to my place and they actually solve my problem. I also will tip if their service is good and they are pleasant. Case in point, I needed some heavy welding done. I called a local company and scheduled. He came out, on time, only charged me 100 dollars, did a great job and got himself a 25 dollar tip. Bet you next time I need him I will get the same or even better service.

melking":tepmr1rb said:
People are basically stupid. They do not consider the consequences of their actions. A little bit of honey catches a lot of flies. I always pay what any company wants if they are willing to come out to my place and they actually solve my problem. I also will tip if their service is good and they are pleasant. Case in point, I needed some heavy welding done. I called a local company and scheduled. He came out, on time, only charged me 100 dollars, did a great job and got himself a 25 dollar tip. Bet you next time I need him I will get the same or even better service.

Same here... Mind you it was in a snow storm id have to drive to him and get on the ground and get nice and cold and wet for that lil bit of money... If I get to a job and it doesn't take me long I adjust the price accordingly but we need to be on the same page before my vehicle ignition is turned on

skyhightree1":2pikeeag said:
but we need to be on the same page before my vehicle ignition is turned on
Then it's good that he asked first... you seem to resent him for asking.
When he probably saved you collection problems because he took it upon himself to ask rather than haggle after.

A lot of people complain about not being able to get anyone to work on their stuff but from my personal experience I know many of these same people are slow payers. Many will hover around you like a fly while you are trying to work only to disappear just before you finish the job and then they become scarce as hen's teeth. They also seem want the work done yesterday but want to pay you in 30+ days.

I may be a minority on this but if at all possible you won't leave my place without being paid. I recently had a well go out and it was important it be fixed quickly. Well guy I've done business with for years came out in the freezing rain and I helped him get the well going doing whatever I could to help. When finished he started to write out a bill and I told him to save his paper and just tell me the damages and I then added around 40% to this and handed him cash and told him I appreciated him and apologized for the bad weather. I never have trouble getting him to help me and he normally will responds within four hours no matter how busy he is.

Latest posts