seriously...

Help Support CattleToday:

GMN

Reaction score
What do you all think the economy/world is going to be like in the next year? Do you think prices on farm related items/everyday items are ever going to see a decrease? OR is this it, will prices will always be as they are now, or continue to rise?

GMN

i think everything will go up.an that things could break our backs in the next year.its going tobe tough to hang on.

A lot of things depend on how this election goes.

I started preparing for hard times a year ago. Thankfully I didn't lose my tail on my 401K since I pulled out of the market.

I feel it will become high interest and double digit inflation which will be good for those who are deeply hocked. This will be much like the late 70's early 80's. It will be tough on those who are retired. The preventative methods for elderly to protect investments are extremely risky.

No matter who is elected, they cannot legislate common sense on consumer spending and saving.

BTW, we have already seen serious inflation in steel and fuel.

Anyone price 7 foot T-Posts lately? There is a barbed wire thread talking about wire price. I don't think the increase there compares to 3 inch pipe and T-Post prices.

GMN":14r0fz9u said:
What do you all think the economy/world is going to be like in the next year? Do you think prices on farm related items/everyday items are ever going to see a decrease? OR is this it, will prices will always be as they are now, or continue to rise?

GMN

No doubt things are gonna go up. Already seeing that. Went to the Tulsa Stockyard Sale Monday, and several people were selling off their herds. Big bunch of cows (over 700) and many small calves were run through. http://www.ams.usda.gov/mnreports/ko_ls760.txt
I think this economy has most folks worried about where its taking us. If you have paid land, and paid cattle I think its good to stay in it. If not... who know?

GMN":3fecbny8 said:

GMN

We can talk about the stock market forever. But for the last couple years we farmers are being killed by energy prices. We use more than the average man on the street, what with our tractors and duallys and our distance from town.
Anything that lowers or stabilizes energy prices will help.
Stable is probably the best we can hope.