Sericia

Help Support CattleToday:

herofan

Reaction score
What is the best way to get rid of Sericia? I notice that cattle don't eat much of it while in pasture, and it's trying to take over a few areas here.

Someone told me that goats love it and will nearly wipe it out; however, I'm not getting any goats, so what else works?

skyhightree1

Reaction score
herofan":142sax8i said:
What is the best way to get rid of Sericia? I notice that cattle don't eat much of it while in pasture, and it's trying to take over a few areas here.

Someone told me that goats love it and will nearly wipe it out; however, I'm not getting any goats, so what else works?

Dun suggested Grazon ... I was going to suggest Roundup

ringer

Reaction score
Remedy Ultra will work really well also. Its best to spray it about mid to late June around here. I wiped out about 50 acres of it on an old strip mine a few years ago.

Bright Raven

Reaction score
ringer":14s4psj7 said:
Remedy Ultra will work really well also. Its best to spray it about mid to late June around here. I wiped out about 50 acres of it on an old strip mine a few years ago.

Ringer. I remember my old strip mining days.
Sericia was considered the second coming. It was used on every reclaimed strip mine in Eastern Kentucky. Has a great root system and is very tolerant of poor soils.

Tbrake

Reaction score
Remedy will smoke it. Check with your local county commission, around here they sell if for half price if being used for noxious weeds.

Latest posts