Serenity Now

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
Whoever said a cow is just an animal looking for a way to die was so right. Look at this mess. Open gate is just 40 yards to the right but dumbo here decides he'll squeeze through the five strands of barbed wire and gets snared. :bang: :bang:

I look at that and my mind sees an inattentive mother on the other side of the fence that pushed out to graze and left him in hiding and didn't come get him when he got upset.

That sucks.....

I was fortunate to find (and get penned) a 2 month old calf with some 17 ga electric fence wire wrapped around its foot. Apparently it hadn't been on very long but it was pretty tight. Lucky I spotted it when checking the cows and even luckier I managed to lead them half a mile with a bag of cubes and get them penned.

That is terrible! So sorry. You never know what one will get into next.

It stinks and makes so little sense because there was no reason in the world for it to try and get through the fence when there were actually two gates open that go into this field. Just stupid, stupid, stupid.

I agree with M-5 that something could have scared it and made it run through. Week before last we had two heifers jump the fence and take off. The third one stayed there. We had never had that happen before. Think they got scared during bad thunderstorm that made them jump the fence. You just don't know. It does make sense that yours was made to run into fence. It was just a bad thing to happen. I hate for anyone to lose one, but it happens to us all.

Latest posts