Semen tanks

Help Support CattleToday:

Tbrake

Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a semen tank. Now my ai rep stores it all for me, but starting to do my own breeding. Doesn't need to be a huge tank, I won't be breeding much over 250 head a year. Looking for something that is high quality and will last a long time. 800-1200 straw capacity would be plenty. Would prefer something that holds nitrogen for 140+ days, I don't want to have to worry about filling it up all the time. Thank you for any suggestions

What ever one you get, make sure you get warranty. ABS rep says they are all junk these days. Sold him my 40 year old gold Lind tank - one of the best ever made. I'm never going back to AI. Bulls are much more enjoyable to be around than straws. Not to mention less time consuming.

Anyone have the ct tank that can comment on quality? The ct-20 looks to be exactly what I'm after. Price is nice, that's what concerns me on quality

We bought our first tank, an MVE, through our genex rep after one of us finished the class (they give a discount). In less than a year, it started losing nitrogen way too fast, and I called the genex rep and they replaced it immediately. They gave me a loaner until my replacement showed up. Great service, free replacement. Our replacement MVE has been around for close to 10 years now, and doing good.

I bought my tank from the late Accelerated Genetics but I saw somewhere that Genex has tanks on sale.
You may want to check their prices to see if it is a good deal.

I've got a Taylor Wharton XT20, ABS guy comes around every 12 weeks to fill it.Seems like it doesn't matter whether it's summer or winter, it's usually down to about 22 centimeters at fill time. I think it holds about 720 straws of conventional semen.

Latest posts