semen catalogs

Help Support CattleToday:

fgw":2cq8e21l said:
have all the major catalogs been sent out yet?

Nope, Genex only does theirs in February, I think Select Sires is about the same time. Evne ABS will have a new one in a couple of months.

dun

Most of the major studs wait until after Denver to send out the catalogs. Not sure why, but I think it is so they can catch all the news from Denver on the sires in the catalog and if they buy something at Denver.

No catalogs yet but Genex and ABS send out quarterly publications that sometimes introduce new bulls before the catalogs comes out.

Jeanne - Simme Valley posted this in November 2005 but I suspect most of the numbers are still good.

Just ordered mine today.
Here's a list of numbers for anyone wanting to order books:
ABS 1-800-ABS-STUD books will be out 2-1
Accelerated Genetic 1-800-451-9275
Cattle Visions 1-866-356-4565 available now
Genex 1-888-333-1783 available now
SEK Genetic Horizon 1-800-443-6389 available now
Select Sires 1-614-873-4683 available now
Universal 1-800-227-8774 out 2-1
Bovine Elite 1-800-786-4066 out 2-1

I had to chuckle when I saw my old info posted.
Anyway, the reason I always have that info is because I print it each year in my newsletter because I purchase semen in bulk orders for our members - anywhere from 400-700 units each spring.
NBI is out of business - too bad, use to get a 50% discount!
I have a different # for Select 1-540-483-5123 but they have several numbers for ordering books.

Jeanne - Simme Valley":2ww7cpba said:
I had to chuckle when I saw my old info posted.
Anyway, the reason I always have that info is because I print it each year in my newsletter because I purchase semen in bulk orders for our members - anywhere from 400-700 units each spring.
NBI is out of business - too bad, use to get a 50% discount!
I have a different # for Select 1-540-483-5123 but they have several numbers for ordering books.

I edited my original post to remove NBI. The other number for Select Sires is still listed on their website. We don't AI but use the stud books to help us evaluate when making replacement selections, male or female. One of the biggest mistakes I ever made was tossing a lot of the older books. I've wished I had them back on many occasions! It took me a while to find your original post, but I knew I certainly appreciated it when I wanted to get on their mailing lists. I thought some of the newer people might appreciate it also. To Jeanne, thanks again!

fit2btied":2yukzwxb said:
One of the biggest mistakes I ever made was tossing a lot of the older books. I've wished I had them back on many occasions!

I did the same thing so the oldest one I have is Carnation Genetics from 1983. Wish I had some of those old ones back.

Latest posts