Self Worth

Help Support CattleToday:

Nice. Thanks for sharing.

I've always like this one:
No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
Eleanor Roosevelt

I messed something up years ago when my dad and I were working on something and I said "Well, nobody's perfect". He said "and some people aren't even good".

I am not sure about self worth, but I have see people I would like to buy for what they are worth and sell them for what they think they are worth.

callmefence":ey8jg2dn said:
Two dollars a rock would be just fine. I'd be stinking rich at two dollars a rock.

pet rock 2020 edition? :cboy:

I use to be worth a lot but since I retired I am pretty much worthless. But I don't care because they pay me everyday to do nothing. It is a great gig. My boss is great...... well except when my wife talks to him...... dang woman putting ideas in the bosses head.

I don't think I have diamond in me. Not quite that advanced. Pretty sure it's coal. What is coal worth on a per lb. basis?

If you wake up everyday and feel a sense of purpose, then you have riches that cannot be measured in dollars. I've known some people in my day that had financial success, but lacked purpose and they were just as depressed as people without money.

Raising cattle might be a dirty, thankless job at times, but I've found it to be abundant in purpose.

Least among the apostles.
Least of the saints.
Chief of sinners.
All that I have is counted as flithy rags, and I am
found an unprofitable servent.
Only in Him do I have worth.
Only in His sacrifice do I find favor.
Only through Him can I gain that prize which my heart desires.
Nothing of me. Nothing but Him.

I have had many occasions to dwell on self worth. I have also seen many people's self worth destroyed by others, as well as themselves. One thing is definitely certain, very few of us, will achieve more in life than the goals we "think" we can achieve. I would add to that, many set the wrong goals. We look in the wrong place for happiness. We measure success by the wrong standards. There's no wonder, that so few achieve true happiness.

True Grit Farms":2qwmjwe0 said:
HDRider":2qwmjwe0 said:
True Grit Farms":2qwmjwe0 said:
I don't know about the kids self worth, but I know the kids not very smart.
Why do you say that?
He didn't sell the rock.
I see.

I thought maybe papa might have sent him back to sell it, but, you are right, it did not say he did.

That story really would have got screwed up if he sold it the first time.

HDRider":3ge67yjg said:
True Grit Farms":3ge67yjg said:
HDRider":3ge67yjg said:
Why do you say that?
He didn't sell the rock.
I see.

I thought maybe papa might have sent him back to sell it, but, you are right, it did not say he did.

That story really would have got screwed up if he sold it the first time.

He could have got a new rock after every sale.

Latest posts