Self employment in ag

Help Support CattleToday:

cleland

Reaction score
Are there any of you who have jobs, other than raising cattle that are self employment and ag realated? If so please expand on this. We are looking at different opportunities for a school project and would like some insite on a few different ideas.
Thanks
Jeff

We have 3 broiler houses (45,000 hd) and our cows 60 mommas, we both work on the farm. The chicken houses pay for the farm and the cows are what we live off of.

I'm everything Ag almost. 100% self employed now and ever expanding. I raise almost everything. I also do work with embryos which might fit your bill. You might be looking for a feed salesman or an equipment something or other.

cleland":g5dgc4nq said:
Are there any of you who have jobs, other than raising cattle that are self employment and ag realated? If so please expand on this. We are looking at different opportunities for a school project and would like some insite on a few different ideas.
Thanks
Jeff

My folks are self-employed in farming/raising and selling hay, as well as doing custom hay for various people around the county. The guy who rents one of our pivots is also self-employed. He raises various crops - corn, barley, wheat, and grass and alfalfa hay - in addition to his cattle.

Latest posts